Off Set Sprocket?

asub2006

Registered
Could someone please explain to me wtf is a off set sprocket? I pulled my stock sprocket off my 06 busa and it does have a off set to it? But do they call the stock sprocket a off set sprocket? I accidentally ordered an 08 afam and i compared them and it doesnt have that lip on it like the stock busa 06... So, that sparked a thought as to should I be ordering an offset sprocket..I am assuming if you mod the back tire then you would have to compensate for the rear sprocket....

If ya get a 240 kit you'll get an offset sprocket to move the chain out to clear the tire. This puts the chain into the frame, which then needs to be ground down. Your stock Busa shouldnt have an offset sprocket.

0000-Myrtle-West-Offset-Sprocket-for-Wide-Tire-Kits.jpg

If ya get a 240 kit you'll get an offset sprocket to move the chain out to clear the tire. This puts the chain into the frame, which then needs to be ground down. Your stock Busa shouldnt have an offset sprocket.

this is what came off my 06 busa...bought brand new no miles and first time changed....

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

Just get stock. Yours isn't offset, that's supposedly to prevent vibration on the stock one. The aftermarket will not have that rubber/plastic on both sides, but will mount in the same centered position.
I'm also unsure that the gen2 sprocket will work on the gen1. The splines may be the same on the shaft, but the positioning of the sprocket on it may/maynot be different, as the gen2 has a different swingarm and rear sprocket hub. The part numbers are also different, even though that doesn't nesaccerily mean anything either.

Just get stock. Yours isn't offset, that's supposedly to prevent vibration on the stock one. The aftermarket will not have that rubber/plastic on both sides, but will mount in the same centered position.
I'm also unsure that the gen2 sprocket will work on the gen1. The splines may be the same on the shaft, but the positioning of the sprocket on it may/maynot be different, as the gen2 has a different swingarm and rear sprocket hub. The part numbers are also different, even though that doesn't nesaccerily mean anything either.

Lots of techincal info there, but I put up pics:moon:
.:laugh:

Back