HELP FOR INSTALLING Vortex rear set with Brocks Short Meg

Aly Kabil

Registered
Good morning everyone

am just want to ask if some one install VORTEX REAR SET WITH BROCKS SHORT MEG ONN 08 BUSA before because am facing some problems with it am about 6' tall and I got the VORTEX for the extra room it gives to my legs but when I start installing it with the exhaust I found no clearance for the exhaust and the rear brake master cylinder and it made a new metal plate to hang the muffler on it but I still have scratches on the mufflers and no clearance..

can anyone help me pleaaaaaseeeeee?????:banghead::banghead::banghead:

PicsArt_1428166771018.jpg

PicsArt_1428167230822.jpg

PicsArt_1428167415195.jpg

You may have to massage the pipe just a bit. The problem I had was on the other side. I had to raise the pegs one hole because I was hitting the kickstand when I tried to shift to first gear.

I tried to massaging the pipe but with the vibration and high speed it hits the rear brake again because when I install it at the begging there was like 1/2 inch clearance but later by time the clearance disappear and I contact Brocks they have nothing to do except install the OEM pegs or move the vortex up and forward but like this I did nothing so why I bought this rear set or they told me I can change the muffler with another exhaust ...

I don't want to move the rear set from this position because its so comfortable for me...

so any other ideas

and btw thax for ur help

Got some vortex rearsets myself....but that's another story altogether,getting back to your problem I would say that adjusting the foot peg carrier section to one of the higher settings would be the easiest.
The other option would be to have a machinist make a spacer plate of 10 to 20mm thick to space the whole foot peg assembly outboard enough to have the brake clevis clear the pipe.

I'd probably just pull that can back a bit. As long as it doesn't leak between header and can you are good 2 go.

RSD.

Back