help computer expert.

gurrera

Registered
I have 3 computers one has windows 98 and will only my HP deskjet F340 All in one printer.

My other computer has windows Vista, and I cant find a driver to run the HP printer, so I got a Kodak ESP3 all in one that will run in Vista, but will not run in windows 98, now my wife wants to use her laptop computer and use a printer wireless, but neither printer will hook up to the Netgear wireless-G Router.

I hate to by another print.

Any suggestions?:please:

Dig deeper for drivers, meanwhile mail the output to one of the boxes with printer. Check with netgear & HP & Kodak for solutions, be nice to get one of the printers talking to the wireless.

I found drivers for my HP all in one, I run Vista with a 64 bit CPU. I believe HP has the drivers on line. Call Staples, they have help in the store.

I gave up trying to get XP and Vista talking to each other. Downgraded the Vista machine to XP and everything works together nicely.

Im having a hard time understanding your issue let me make sure i got this right:

1 computer with 98
1 computer with vista
1 laptop with .......

2 printers
Hp F340
drivers for said printer for all supported OS's.
Select your operating system HP Deskjet F340 All-in-One Printer - HP Customer Care (United States - English)
Kodak ESP3

If that is correct, take a printer and hook it to the vista machine, share it out and connect the laptop to it. It has been years since i have played with 98 and have no idea how to use a network printer on 98.

You need a "Print Server" that will allow connection of your USB printers to a network interface. Linksys, NetGear, DLink all make ones that can handle one or two printers depending on the model. An IP address is assigned and connections to the printer is handled by the print server driver. The printer driver handles the options for the printer. Then it can be wired to the router and accessible from all computers on that network.

You need a "Print Server" that will allow connection of your USB printers to a network interface. Linksys, NetGear, DLink all make ones that can handle one or two printers depending on the model. An IP address is assigned and connections to the printer is handled by the print server driver. The printer driver handles the options for the printer. Then it can be wired to the router and accessible from all computers on that network.

Any 2000 or newer computer can be made into a "print server". its just a couple of clicks and no out of pocket expense(my favorite part).

its possible OSs before 2000 can do that but in 2000 i was in 10th grade...

Any 2000 or newer computer can be made into a "print server". its just a couple of clicks and no out of pocket expense(my favorite part).

Very true, but a print server requires much less power to run (no monitor, disk drives, keyboard, etc). Any computer that acts as a print server must be on and have a user logged in. Plus the computer will take down the printer functions if it has an error.

Very true, but a print server requires much less power to run (no monitor, disk drives, keyboard, etc). Any computer that acts as a print server must be on and have a user logged in. Plus the computer will take down the printer functions if it has an error.

You dont have to be logged in IIRC but im not 100% but yeah the other stuff is true. i just assumed the vista machine stayed on.

You don't have to login if it's loaded as a system level startup service in the computer. If it's not loaded at startup it will be loaded at login.

Back