Help! Clutch unable to engage after fluid change

G

drained the out the old clutch fluid completely and refilled plus air bled the bleeder nipple. Was unable to engage the clutch after the change ... lever felt so loose!! I dunno what to do now ... did what the service manual said but look what it got me!?

you probably still have air in the master cylender but not the line,bleed the banjo bolts.or make sure the banjo bolt on the master is up and not pointing down

[This message has been edited by Johnnycheese (edited 11 April 2000).]

Please explain what you mean by the banjo pointing up rather than down. Doesn't the way the line runs dictate the position of the banjo?

Invest $60 in a one-man machine (from Griot's garage). You pump the 1-gallon reservoir a few times, and just open the valve and it sucks the fluid and bubbles without having to pump the lever once. It will last a lifetime and you can use it for your vehicles as well.

If the banjo bolt on the master is pointing up then the air that might be trapped in the master cyl. can flow out.if the banjo is pointing down the air would be trapped in the oppisite end of the master.
PS I am at work so I am typing fast.

Terrance,

Like JC said, bleed the banjo at the top also. Same procedure as the bottom bleeder. Also try turning the handlebars fully side to side, this will sometimes allow air to flow up that is normally trapped otherwise, due to angles of hoses/fittings.

Dave

Back