Help! Bike wont start! had dirty gas in it!

mongoose2494

Registered
I just purchased my 01 busa about two weeks ago. When I bought it from the guy it cranked right up and ran pretty smoothly. I tried to crank it last week and couldnt get it to start, and I went again today and it wouldnt start. So I drained the gas tank which had dirty disgusting gas in it, it looked like muddy water. I refueled with new gas and fuel injector cleaner hoping it would crank but no luck! What do I need to do? spark plugs? injectors? fuel pump? I dont know what would be best to check.

Start with the fuel filter. Hopefully it caught all the nasty stuff & is clogged.
biggrin.gif

Have broad-band internet? I hope so! Follow this link & download the service manual. It will help you out big time!!

Good luck!!
cool.gif

Remove the tank and flush the tank and all hoses with clean fuel. Change the fuel filter, plugs are probably ok but it wouldn't hurt to change them to.
smile.gif

Change the fuel again. If the tank is real dirty or rusty you might have to do this several times to get all the crap out of it.

I GOT HER RUNNING!!!! I went yesterday and took the plugs out and cleaned them up and she cranked on the first try. Thanks everyone for your input. I really appreciate it.

Back