Gen 2 Busa 2008 Fuel issue, bike laid up for yr with gas in it

poochie781

Registered
So the story goes I been out the country for a while and finally get home and the bike been laid up for about a year. Change the battery, drained the gas put fresh gas and it wont start. Pulled the Air box and spray fuel injector cleaner into the valves and it starts for about 2 seconds and dies. took the tank off cleaned the tea bag filter and tried to spray out the white filter housing with fuel injector cleaner ( which flows freely out) and put it all back together and still nothing.

So I have spark, and wanting to run but just nothing all on its on. Do you guys think i need to change the white filter? What about the injectors?

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

So you have spark and air, now you just need fuel. Check the injectors, pump, and filter. Is it throwing any codes?

So you have spark and air, now you just need fuel. Check the injectors, pump, and filter. Is it throwing any codes?
It has been throwing code ever since I put my PC III in back in the day. I need to pull it off and see when I get home. Pump comes on I hear it.

Start with removing the PC, see if it will start and at least eliminate that issue. If it doesnt, then look deeper in the fuel system. Was there any additives added to the fuel when you parked it? Stabil or seafoam?

Back