Help - beaten by a BMW S1000RR

was there in valdosta and it's not gadson who did it but some black girl no more than 110lbs with pink and black leathers on a stretched bike with pipe and different gearing
she ran 8.61 on a bone stock motor
still very impressive that some nice looking chick can run that fast

BLACK GIRLS RULE:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Slip the dyno operator $100...and tell him to make it put out 200HP :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

TRE's trick the bike in to thinking it's in 5th gear so there U get 5th gear timing loss of power inlower gears.

Isn't that exactly the opposite of what a TRE is designed to do? The TRE makes a huge difference on my 2003 TL-1000R. What's different about the Busa's timing map?

-Matt

Dyno output is not everything. It only takes a few easy relatively cheap mods to make the busa very competitive.

For the Gen 2 I suggest to start with:
1) A decent full system exhaust - I used the Akropovic 4-2-1.
2) Install a TRE - I used the GiPro X-TRE.
3) Get a decent sport airfilter - I use a BMC.
4) Get a +2 rear sprocket.
5) Get it dyno tuned with the above setup.
6) Burn the stock rubber, and put road/track tires like the Pilot Power.
7) Attend a track school.

The above should get you around 195 on the dyno. BUT the real difference is on the road - find a twisty road and make that 1000RR sweat to keep up.

Dyno output is not everything. It only takes a few easy relatively cheap mods to make the busa very competitive.

For the Gen 2 I suggest to start with:
1) A decent full system exhaust - I used the Akropovic 4-2-1.
2) Install a TRE - I used the GiPro X-TRE.
3) Get a decent sport airfilter - I use a BMC.
4) Get a +2 rear sprocket.
5) Get it dyno tuned with the above setup.
6) Burn the stock rubber, and put road/track tires like the Pilot Power.
7) Attend a track school.

The above should get you around 195 on the dyno. BUT the real difference is on the road - find a twisty road and make that 1000RR sweat to keep up.

Ditch the TRE...have the ECU flashed instead

Ditch the TRE...have the ECU flashed instead

Some tuners won't do that kind of remap. It voids the warranty on the bike, and leaves them liable in case of problems. The Busa gets tuned in 4th gear, so the X-TRE causes that map to be used by the ECU.

Personally I use ECUeditor.

I've recently encountered the same problem, darn BMW's...
And mine definitely will not corner as good as the BMW does.

I got a gen1, but I plan on getting a gen2 crank and 1397 pistons. Brock alien head exhaust, and ecu edit. Should be able to make over 200 with the cam's I'm having made for it.

Some tuners won't do that kind of remap. It voids the warranty on the bike, and leaves them liable in case of problems. The Busa gets tuned in 4th gear, so the X-TRE causes that map to be used by the ECU.

Personally I use ECUeditor.

ecu editor IS an ecu flash:poke:

Them darn BMW's :laugh:
catcover006.jpg

SSBike mag did one with bolt ons and got 196 or 198. pick up a copy at the store pretty good read, its the current issue to. Cant scan for you at work.

Back