Help - beaten by a BMW S1000RR

Busa-Karsten

Registered
Hi Is there anyone who can give me some advice? What should I do about my Busa?
In Denmark there are not many who knows something about tuning a Hayabusa

Coming from Denmark (Europe) and I have a Busa 08 - it handles 184 hp at rear wheel.

In the motorcycle club there is a new number 1 - a new BMW S 1000 RR has just supplied 193 hp at rear wheel, on the same Dyno jet ...

This is not good ..

I have installed the following on my Hayabusa K8 - 4 in 1 Youshimura R77, TRE Powerbox, Powercomander III usb, KN filter which is rolled on a new Dynojet rolling road = 184 hp at rear wheel

I would like to reach 200 hp + on the rear wheel without turbo.

Does anyone know what I can realistically expect when installing the JE pistons or similar (1441 CC)?
How many hp can I expect?

Is the engine able to stand up to get gas for fast driving on the highway?
Hope you will help a Busa lover from Denmark

Please write to me at kb_randrup@hotmail.com with advice, experiences and suggestions.
Best regards from Busa-Karsten - Denmark

lose weight, grab some lightweight wheels, and ditch the power commander for ecueditor. on top of that, you can run 2 intake cams and a 40 shot. that should get you pretty dang close, without the spray.

In the motorcycle club there is a new number 1 - a new BMW S 1000 RR has just supplied 193 hp at rear wheel, on the same Dyno jet ...

Get the guy on the BMW to give you some riding lessons !

In real world terms that difference in horsepower shouldn't matter unless your dragin'n !

If it is street riding, work on your technique.

i watched rickey gadson run one of them bmw's down at the manufacturers cup race in valdosta, there bad bikes. go to brocks performance web site and theres a page about the bike rickey was on. all bolt on parts. stock motor. i think it was like 8.60's or close to that.

its priced right also at 14,600 for a bmw! gotta love it.

Stock intake cam on the exhaust won't do much for the 2008 motors as Suzuki caught on and made the exhaust cam bigger. You could put a set of cams in it and go with some higher compression pistons.

a good pipe such as a ti force usb power commander short gixxer stacks and a good tune will get U 193hp-197hp. next step is cams n pistons.I have my own custom grind and line of wiseco pistons 12.5.1 & 13.5.1 can make 218hp on pump gas with stock head and when I port the head I see up to 240hp. :thumbsup:

ps get rid of the TRE and the k&n BMC,or DNA R the way to go.

The new liter bikes are lighter, with as much (or more) horsepower. Tough to compete these days.

The new liter bikes are lighter, with as much (or more) horsepower. Tough to compete these days.

Well said.

The Busa is a Better tourer, has more tuneing potential and
makes a great pillion bike. In many way's its more "useable".

The new S1000RR and its stablemates are weapons.
Light, Powerful, Fast and Nimble. If you think a Busa is competitive
your really need to ride with S1 riders who know how to use them.

Both bikes are winners.
They just play different games.

Is HP rating on a Dyno that important? What about actual performance which has less to do with a graph on a piece of paper and more with rider skill and setup? That being said my 01 with 1397 piston kit, Brock's Alien Head, Yosh stage one cams, PC III and FI map by Steve at Las Vegas DynoTech got me 200 hp with about 100 lbs of torque throughout the curve. Map is set for top speed so is otherwise very streetable at RPMs below 10K. PS TRE is for removing the 186 mph factory limit but otherwise I don't beleive it has anything to do with your HP output. But again, a number on a graph does not mean much if the lump of flesh perched between the wheels has no skills. I've seen guys on 650s eat 1000s for lunch in the twisties or at the drag strip. It's just a number.

Get a ZX10R or a BMW.:rofl: Its all horsepower to weight ratio. Its very hard to catch a strong liter bike on a roll. Your busa's advantage is at a stand still launch and top top end, other than that foget it. Just get a 50 shot bottle and call it the day.

It is all horsepower to weight ratio for sure. but we are busa owner's nuff said! So we put more power in what we got whether it's a gen 1 or gen 2. I have both. and I like my gen 1 so I sold my gen 2 and up graded my gen 1. And my gen 1 makes 225hp on 91 pump gas and rides like a 1000. So trick ur **** out and don't go running for the covers. :laugh:
TRE's trick the bike in to thinking it's in 5th gear so there U get 5th gear timing loss of power inlower gears.

was there in valdosta and it's not gadson who did it but some black girl no more than 110lbs with pink and black leathers on a stretched bike with pipe and different gearing
she ran 8.61 on a bone stock motor
still very impressive that some nice looking chick can run that fast

are you trying to have more hp on the dyno, you trying to beat him in the 1/4 mile, or top speed? Different setup for each will put you on top.

Back