Helmets? Anyone have a Simpson SpeedayRX??

Really I would ditch Simpson altogether, get an Aria, Shoei, etc...  You will be a whole lot more comfortable in a helmet that is more specificaly aimed for road/ circuit use.   Simpson is huge in dragracing but not much for road racing. As for the Speedway, if you look at it, it is barely even a Motorcycle helmet, looks more suited to open wheel racing or NASCAR. Besides for the Money you can get a much more suitable lid...

If you really like the look of the Bandit, Check out ROOF.  They have a couple that are sorta along the same lines...

Simpson and Bell helmets are geared towards the automobile racing market where "sealing" and noise reduction is not a main concern.

Like Revlis said, try ROOF although I have read mixed reviews on their quality and worksmanship.

It's your head man, drop a few bucks on a decent helmet.
Remember modern medicine can fix everything, but a Brain Injury.

Yeah, what those guys said. You can't go wrong with a Shoei or an Arai. Remember that you're NOT looking for looks primarily when it comes to purchasing a helmet to protect that noggin of yours.

Brian

Oh and I did notice that the speedway states Automobile use only, on one of the websites that has them for sale...

And Holy Crap, For the money Simpson wants for it's non-motorcycle helmets, you can get a top of the line Bike helmet from Arai or Shoei...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081780202 -->

What is the difference between a Motorcycle helmet & and Automobile helmet??

In an open wheeled race car, it still exposed to external forces.

From a safety perspective, Simpson has been always know for racing helmets, that's why I bought it in the first place, the looks was secondary.

In case I buy a new lid, How do the Aria & Shoei's compare?? Any particular models that someone likes?

Back