helmet purchase in Daytona during bike week?

redliner100

Registered
I'm in the market for a new helmet. seems like it's impossible to find out the locations where various vendors will be in Daytona during bike week. I only expect to be there a couple days and won't have the time to search high and low.

can anyone recommend best locations where it may be possible to find a selection of brands and models to actually hold and try on?
I figure the speedway is one option but where else?

IMHO sizeing is not consistent brand to brand. I try them on at a local bike shop & when I find one I like that fits properly I get the model # then order on line.

KBC had a booth at the speedway the last time I was there.

Once you find what you like you may want to check Ebay. I scored a new 400.00+ Shoei on closeout for less than 2 bills.

Buellbomb has it. The Helmet shop in Daytona is a good place to go. I have bought 2 helmets there. They have a huge selection and really good prices. They are located just North of Main Street and Beach Street. Go North in front of the BMW Dealer on the corner and walk about a block. They are on the West side of the street. Hope that helps.

Real good people there, a buddy bought one during bike week. Took it home and wore it for a ride or two and decided it was too big. They told him send it in and they swapped it out, no charge.
thumb_up.gif

this really helps. I live in South Carolina where helmets are not required. In the Charleston area the shops have a very meager selection to look at which isn't much help and of course internet shopping without holding and trying helmets is likely to cost more in the long run.
thanks everyone. I'll try the helmet shop. didn't know about them

I guess while we are on this topic, if anyone knows of another shop closer to Charleston that offers similar selection as the helmet shop in Daytona, please chime in.

I was only planning to go there thinking bike week vendors might offer the best shopping opportunity.

thanks

Back