Daytona Bike Week

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
Me and a couple of friends are going to head down to Daytona for bike week this year. Anyone else planning on heading down?

I'll be truck/trailering down Tuesday after work and will be there Wednesday around supper till Saturday afternoon...

We are going to be down there I think tuesday through sunday. Going to trailer and ride some of the way down.

As of right now I have a "maybe" on a second person. If I take off my cap and take the trailer(open landscape style) I could bring 3 bikes. My F150 is a supercab(3 doors, smaller backseat) but I have had 4 adults reasonably comfortable in it for 300+ miles before. Luggage would have to be small if it's gonna fit in the cab with more than 2 adults. If you are serious, I am looking some somebody to split the gas with, and by 3 it would be even less... I have a buddy in Daytona who will allow tents in his yard if you don't want to spring for a motel/hotel. He offered me his couch, I don't want to push my luck.

The transporttion part of the trip will be booze and drug free(I'm not risking my a$$ for anybody) but once there I don't care what happens.

If you are serious I'm pulling out Tuesday by 7pm and plan on being home on Sunday by 5pm...

Let me know, I live in Spencer, MA. I have extra bike storage for the winter if you need it.

Dave

Sounds like a good plan.
My bike is in Ct for the winter so no problem on meeting up.
Tent space sounds fine.
I travel light and would love to go.

Cool, I'm planning on 10 MPG with the trailer. That makes 300 gallons on the high side. Split by 2 or 3 it's almost painless. You need a tent? I don't suppose you own a decent chock? I have one Baxley on the way and two hoops which I'll never put my own bike again...

Send me a PM with your number and the best time to call and we can figure out some of the details... I already took the time off from work and the wife knows I'm going so I'm clear...

Yes, on the tent.
Let me work on the chock, I know where some are.
PM on it's way.

When is it?
biggrin.gif
3-12/03
LINKY

March 3rd-12th. I think we are going to get a room in St. Augustine and ride into Daytona during the mornings and come back in the evening or whenever. Couple of my friends do this all the time and they really enjoy it because it gives you a chance to escape the madness and ride some each day. It is about a 45min ride from St. Augustine to Daytona so it is quite nice to do that rather than stay right downtown in Daytona.

There are a couple of night clubs I want to see while I am down there and also have to make a stop past the Iron Horse Saloon. If you have an Iron Horse Beer mug you can get free draft beer from 4pm-5pm every day during bike week, no limit on the refills during that hour.
smile.gif

I am going down with my Busa and my two buddies will be on a Suzuki M50 custom and a Hardley Duece. I am pretty sure we are coming down from the 6th-12th. Tuesday through Sunday.

Hey Kevin, do you still live in Lakeland. My grandfather just moved out of there about a year ago. I used to be down there a lot a few years ago. I would assume you will be venturing out for some sort of bike week activities.

Hey Kevin, do you still live in Lakeland.  My grandfather just moved out of there about a year ago.  I used to be down there a lot a few years ago.  I would assume you will be venturing out for some sort of bike week activities.
I have in the past, but I'm not at all into the freak show, I don't care much for crowds. I do enjoy riding and am willing to ride with some members as long as they are not drinking and aren't afraid of approaching the speed limit, but I think I'm about done with Daytona.

Yes, I'm in Lakeland, north end just a few miles from the Green Swamp.

I don't mind the parties and drinking but not while riding. Always got to keep it safe. Once the riding is done for the day or evening.....look out...I have been known to drink a sip or two... ;)

I hope there will be a lot of sport bike riders there and not just all Hardleys. I get bored riding all day with the slow v-twins.

Back