Helmet Noise anyone use NOJ Quiet Rider??

TorontoBusa

Donating Member
Registered
I've been thinking about buying something like that. I'd like to know how well they work too.

My first helmet was a KBC which had a little flap under the chin, this made it somewhat quite.

My second helmet was a HJC which had a completely open chin area....and it was loud as hell. So I got the quiet rider from ridegear.com (click the banner at the top...if it is still there, my computer doesn't show anything on the org anymore).

Anyways.....it was a helluvatime fitting it, but it decreased wind noise considerably. I recommend it if your helmet has a wide open chin area; it will decrease noise. It will also get a little warmer in your helmet, but as long as you have vents, it won't get stifling.

<!--EDIT|jay21112
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113753896 -->

The RideGear banner is still there. I have heard some good things about the Quiet Rider and am thinking about getting one. Would probably only use it with my HJC helmet as my SHOEIs are pretty quiet already.

Anyways.....it was a helluvatime fitting it, but it decreased wind noise considerably. I recommend it if your helmet has a wide open chin area; it will decrease noise. It will also get a little warmer in your helmet, but as long as you have vents, it won't get stifling.
Any tricks to making it fit?

And I have a tonne of vents on my (new) Simpson Super Bandit

Thanks for you comments, I look forward to "decreased wind noise considerably"

I'm sick and tired, of going to sleep with my ears ringing (I guess what they said about loud music is true!! It just took me a bunch of years to find out)

Oh ya, here is the link that you said you don't have on your computer:

http://street-bikes.ridegear.com/cgi-bin....scstore

www.ridegear.com

Any tricks to making it fit?

And I have a tonne of vents on my (new) Simpson Super Bandit

Thanks for you comments, I look forward to "decreased wind noise considerably"

I'm sick and tired, of going to sleep with my ears ringing (I guess what they said about loud music is true!! It just took me a bunch of years to find out)

Oh ya, here is the link that you said you don't have on your computer:

http://street-bikes.ridegear.com/cgi-bin....scstore

www.ridegear.com
Actually I got the standard quiet rider. The deluxe looked too warm and too bulky. The standard is made of neoprene or spandex; some stretchy material, so that it fits tight. The deluxe looks like it may be bulky. I would recommend the standard and if you are looking for something to wear when it gets cold out, buying a cold weather balaclava.

As for fitting it, there was really no room in the front part of my HJC to tuck it up into. But there was room in the back...so I pondered for a bit and swore for a long while while I tried to "make room" in the front. I got to a point where I thought I was going to rip the helmet apart, shove the quiet rider in it, and then superglue it back together........so I walked away and thought about it.

When I came back I slid the front part in the back of the helmet and then slid it around the bottom part of the helmet (while shoving a screwdriver in between the shell and innerpart of the helmet just in front of the quiet rider to allow me to slid it further) until the front part was in the front. It was a long and aggrevating process, but in the end I didn't break my helmet and that thing isn't going anywhere = perfect fit.

It also comes with double stick tape, however there was barely enough room in my HJC to fit the quiet rider that there was no room for the double stick tape. But it was such a tight fit, that it wasn't needed.

It may be easier to fit this to other helmets....but for those of you with the HJC CL-14 trust me on this one....slide it up the back and then around to the front.

This is a great product.  I have an Arai quantum.  For some reason this helmet is LOUD!  The quiet rider cut down the wind noise by 50%.  I had no problem making it fit.  It comes with velcro pieces that work pretty well, with some elbow grease.  My jacket has a high collar and the quiet rider snugs in under this collar beautifully.  Not as warm as one would think in the summer.  I have to keep up with the anti fog in the winter though.  It takes a few extra seconds to put your helmet on.  But compared to having my ears ripped out with the stock sounding helmet, it is a trade I can deal with.  I give this product an "A".

Wanted to say I put on the "deluxe" version, and it's amazing!

A bit of a pain to install, but once its one, its easy to put the helmet on and makes a big difference in noise!
smile.gif

Back