Hello and good evening

Theodoric

Registered
Hello to you all. I bought my 2009 a few weeks back to go with a few other bikes I already own. She wasn't "exactly" as she was described by the seller but not too far off. I'm a Virgo so I'm a fussy twat and everything has to be to my "spec" or liking so I've done a bit of minor spanner work, fluid changes etc so she is all up together.

My question will be regards the footpegs. I know Knight Design in Oregon make the lower ones as I have them on my ZX14 (I have titanium rods and screws in my right leg following a serious bike accident a few years ago which leaves me to slightly struggle with the pegs being too high) but given the exchange rate, rising costs and our greedy bastard tax man they're over £200 to get them to the uk and more if the tax arsehole gets his fingers on them!!

So I would like to know if anyone has run both the Knight Design and the Buell footpegs either before of after each other and would the Buell version be worth saving £50 (there are some available here in uk so no tax)

Appreciate and info.

Welcome,

I use a set of "Chinesium" lowering pegs.

They are more inexpensive, generally more available and not as aggressive so getting your foot off them at stops is easier..

I'd be happy to send you my old pegs.

10D852C7-62D5-4606-9BC5-216E81F8839A-M.jpg

I have not run the Buell pegs but I can say I love my Knight Design pegs. Very high quality!
I have them on my ZX14 and agree they are superb quality. Now unfortunately though because everything has gone mental price wise and before any import tax they're £205!!

I'd be happy to send you my old pegs.

View attachment 1657404
Thank you for the offer but looking at the drop they give I don't think they will be low enough for me so you may of helped just by showing them fitted. I will ask though, are you running Michelin PR5 tyres? I'm a huge fan of Michelin and won't use anything else. Mine came with Bridgestone tyres but they'll be coming off immediately, I have zero faith in that brand.

Welcome,

I use a set of "Chinesium" lowering pegs.

They are more inexpensive, generally more available and not as aggressive so getting your foot off them at stops is easier..

Ironically I did look at those but I never have any luck when it comes to anything "Chineseium"

Welcome to the forum @Theodoric. It is great to see this bike selling some, and those owners joining the forum.
Hello. When ever I buy a bike I'll join a forum and buy a proper manual as others before me will have had the same issues or problems and I like to maintain my own bikes. Spanner time is like therapy for me. I can spend hours in the shed tinkering. I appreciate this is a USA based forum but the uk doesn't seem to have a Hayabusa forum but issues with the same bike is worldwide.

Thank you for the offer but looking at the drop they give I don't think they will be low enough for me so you may of helped just by showing them fitted. I will ask though, are you running Michelin PR5 tyres? I'm a huge fan of Michelin and won't use anything else. Mine came with Bridgestone tyres but they'll be coming off immediately, I have zero faith in that brand.
I run Michelin PR5s, they have been good so far, I'm on my second season..

Come time to replace them, I'm either going with the Bridgestone S22R or another Michelin.

I've always run Bridgestones on my Suzukis since '85 or so, it's a hard choice to make steering away from them.

Welcome to the forum @Theodoric. It is great to see this bike selling some, and those owners joining the forum.
Hello. When ever I buy a bike I'll join a forum and buy a proper manual as others before me will have had the same issues or problems and I like to maintain my own bikes. Spanner time is like therapy for me. I can spend hours in the shed tinkering. I appreciate this is a USA based forum but the uk doesn't seem to have a Hayabusa forum but issues with the same bike is worldwide.
I've had mine 4 yrs with zero issues...
I know others who say the same but if my luck were a duck it would sink.!!!

I run Michelin PR5s, they have been good so far, I'm on my second season..

Come time to replace them, I'm either going with the Bridgestone S22R or another Michelin.

I've always run Bridgestones on my Suzukis since '85 or so, it's a hard choice to make steering away from them.
I had a "moment" years ago on a Suzuki GSX1400 with around 600 miles on them. Front stepped out whilst going through a set of traffic lights on a sunny day. Bike was only a few weeks old. That once was enough for me. I'm lucky as my bikes are my toys so for me grip is more important than longevity, I get that with Michelin's.

I had a "moment" years ago on a Suzuki GSX1400 with around 600 miles on them. Front stepped out whilst going through a set of traffic lights on a sunny day. Bike was only a few weeks old. That once was enough for me. I'm lucky as my bikes are my toys so for me grip is more important than longevity, I get that with Michelin's.
When I raced I was sponsored by Bridgestone so I might be a little biased,

I personally have never had any issues with any Bridgestones. I had S21Rs on my Hayabusa but went to Michelins as the S21s didn't last long and I got the Michelins to gain a little longevity.

Tire threads like chain and oil threads are long and convoluted as each and every person has a totally different opinion of these subjects it seems.

One thing to keep in mind is that when you lower the peg, you will want to correspondingly lower the shift / brake pedals. Which may have limits.

Yessir, Michelin's at this time.

One thing to keep in mind is that when you lower the peg, you will want to correspondingly lower the shift / brake pedals. Which may have limits.

Yessir, Michelin's at this time.
I have the Knight Design lower pegs on my ZX14 and the rear brake lever needed a bit of adjustment but the shift lever was perfect. I think I'll go for Knight Design again if he replies to my emails. I use Michelin PR4's on my ZX and now they're up to 6's I believe so a pair of Michelin's will be coming soon. Many thanks for your help.

Back