Helibars vs ABM handle bars

drsureshmohan

Registered
Hi , I’m 65 yrs old , rode my friend s gen 3 Busa yesterday , I found it very aggressive ( lean forward ) to my liking . Should I first try the helibars ? I doubt any of the extra long cabling for ABM handle bars would be available in india though it looks tempting . Thanks for your inputs

Pic below is standard gen 3 with me atop , how better would the helibar be

52df3f14-c224-4898-bd90-8869362b79ac.jpeg

Welcome to the org. I have a gen 3 with Helibars, I’m 62 and I bought my bike new so I was able to know the difference from stock to helibars. They definitely help with the lean forward but I wouldn’t say it’s a world of difference. Helibars will give you 1” up and about 3/8” back due to the angle. They are definitely worth the money and I would buy them again but it’s still only 1” at the end of the day. IMO If you do helibars and drop pegs on the gen 3 that makes the bike very comfortable to ride all day. I hope this helps.

Welcome to the org. I have a gen 3 with Helibars, I’m 62 and I bought my bike new so I was able to know the difference from stock to helibars. They definitely help with the lean forward but I wouldn’t say it’s a world of difference. Helibars will give you 1” up and about 3/8” back due to the angle. They are definitely worth the money and I would buy them again but it’s still only 1” at the end of the day. IMO If you do helibars and drop pegs on the gen 3 that makes the bike very comfortable to ride all day. I hope this helps.
Thanks very much but could you explain dropping pegs and point me to some link cos I’m not able to understand though I see the term being used often

Thanks very much but could you explain dropping pegs and point me to some link cos I’m not able to understand though I see the term being used often
This is just a reference as there are many styles out there but these will drop the foot pegs 40mm / 1-1/2” and you can clock them forward or backwards. You need to readjusted your shifter, rear brake pedal and rear brake light switch if you install these.

09A01DEB-BEC1-49B5-8ABE-A8148C7C5FBD.png

The helibars are a pretty cheap option and basically plug and play since there's no need to extend any brake lines or cables and if it doesn't work for you you haven't invested a lot of money. The handlebar kit from ABM will give you a much better and more relaxed riding position but at a much higher cost. I'd try the helibar risers first and see if that works for you after riding a thousand miles or so before going to the ABM handlebar kit.

Hi , I’m 65 yrs old , rode my friend s gen 3 Busa yesterday , I found it very aggressive ( lean forward ) to my liking . Should I first try the helibars ? I doubt any of the extra long cabling for ABM handle bars would be available in india though it looks tempting . Thanks for your inputs

Pic below is standard gen 3 with me atop , how better would the helibar be

View attachment 1680397
You have a tough call ahead of you....if you are 100% committed to getting a Hayabusa and you find it uncomfortable right off the start, either get a set of ABM bars or look at another bike that suits you more.

Heli bars will only do so much.......drops pegs will help a little but they can only do so much as well.....

First im gonna try helibars and ride a thousand miles and decide

You have to give your body time to adjust to the new riding position before making a decision so you're doing the right thing. If after a 1000 miles or so you find the bike still isn't comfortable you can then opt for the more expensive ABM handlebar kit. I just bought a leftover 2023 Hayabusa and my plan is to ride the bike as is until I get past the break-in period and then go with bar risers and lowered pegs.

Back