Helibars AND GenMar 3/4" Riser - BEST WINDSCREEN TO BUY?

yellowdog99

Registered
I'm about to order the Helibars and 3/4" GenMar riser for my '07 busa I just got. Many people on here say 3/4" is the highest to go and not hit the fairing...

Other people say they have gone higher but i don't want to take a chance. My windscreen looks like a dark (almost black tinted) double bubble (no brand on it) and it will definitely not work. Luckily it's scratched so i need to replace it anyway.

I've seen people say the "double bubble" - (no brand given) works and doesn't hit or just needs a small cut out. I've also seen someone say the Puig racing DB windscreen works.

I like the look of the double bubble and very dark tint... but i don't really have the $ to order 10 diff windscreens to see what works.

So does anyone know of some windscreens that would work and aren't all huge and touring-looking? I'd like to stay as close to my current DB shape and dark tint. I'll attach a picture of what i have now. The new setup seems like it would not only hit the edges but all the way in to the center of the DB if turned completely.

Thanks in advance!!! any links to the windscreen you might think will work would be great. I've been searching for 2 solid days..

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

I've got Gen 1 Heli bars I'm selling if you want them. Had them on for a month and weren't for me. Let me know $125 inc. shipping.

thanks that's def one I need to order then... I'd order as many as 3-4 different ones if i had any other opinions... anyone? ???

I've got Gen 1 Heli bars I'm selling if you want them. Had them on for a month and weren't for me. Let me know $125 inc. shipping.

that's cool - thanks for the offer. I'm guessing they're not black (just a guess)...that's what i want. ...and helibar has a special now for $149 w/free shipping. ...i kind of need the $ back 30 day return option in case i can't get them to fit with a spacer or don't like them. Thanks though.. good to know if they bump the price up for no reason the next few days...

no heli bars are black, but I will say you are to have a fitment problem with the heli bars and the genmar risers, You dont have the slack in the lines unless they are aftermarket ones and are longer, I love my heli bars and even if the genmars fit as well those bars are to look funny that high just my 2 pennies

no heli bars are black, but I will say you are to have a fitment problem with the heli bars and the genmar risers, You dont have the slack in the lines unless they are aftermarket ones and are longer, I love my heli bars and even if the genmars fit as well those bars are to look funny that high just my 2 pennies

Helibars are sold gray in color 99% of the time... if u special order thru Helibars directly they will powdercoat them black - and that's what i did.

I appreciate the 2 cents.. but a 3/4" difference in height with or without the spacer isn't something that you would notice unless you're looking for it. I've had the helibars and spacer on for a week and I'd actually say if one or the other makes it look higher it's the helibars and not the spacer. The angle of the bars is totally different with helibars. So i respectfully disagree but it's all good... :beerchug:

I love the helibars too. The true test will be the pictures i take soon... if i notice the bars in the pictures then i'll be annoyed but i don't think i will. I stared at it from all angles after the install comparing them to before pics... and it was too small to notice.

The cables all made it too. All OEM and plenty of room. The one exception is the choke cable and i'm rerouting that in the next few days. It just gets a little tight when turning in the driveway...all the way to the left.

The pic above is the wrong picture... thats a crap picture (below my 2 bike picture)... so here's the bike from the side before. I'll take some pics of the install soon... Getting some body detailing done the next 2 days.

IMG_1266.jpg

Idk about the risers, but I do know the wheels on the R1 would look amazing on the busa, the red lip stripe ties in with the "Hayabusa" in the kanji on the fairings. :thumbsup:

Idk about the risers, but I do know the wheels on the R1 would look amazing on the busa, the red lip stripe ties in with the "Hayabusa" in the kanji on the fairings. :thumbsup:

funny.. im colorblind so i didn't notice the red in the kanji (weird i know)... probably why my girlfriend picks my ties, belts, and socks. lol But you're right - good point! ...although the chrome on the wheels would definitely b-slap me if I even walked toward it with a red wheel stripe. :laugh:

I've got Gen 1 Heli bars I'm selling if you want them.

Had them on for a month and weren't for me.

Let me know $125 inc. shipping.

I got a set too ~ for the Gen 1 . . .

Come over & I'll install em' !

I put risers on mine .

Red, *<(:{)-

Back