Heli bars?

you can move the bars up an inch with soupy`s kit for 15 bucks. not as much difference as the heli`s but alot cheaper.

Those move the bars up. Heli's move the bars up and back without leaving a gap in the top triple cover. They also change the bars angle and width. Heli-bars made the Busa feel much more natural to me.

Well dang boys, I'm sold! I'm about 6'1" myself so that picture really puts it into perspective for me, many thanks!

dang are there any short guys on this board...I am 5'7" and have put 250 on in a day. Lower back and some wrist pain after a long day....BUT the bike is so freekin cool that you hardly notice until you get off.....do sit ups and push ups

or have a huge beer belly...and let it support you by layin it on the tank:moon:

I'm 5'9" and a happy Busa rider. Heli-bars and a lower seat height and you should be set. Tobin comes highly recommended from this board. I'm going to be sending mine off before spring comes.

dang are there any short guys on this board...I am 5'7" and have put 250 on in a day. Lower back and some wrist pain after a long day....BUT the bike is so freekin cool that you hardly notice until you get off.....do sit ups and push ups

or have a huge beer belly...and let it support you by layin it on the tank:moon:

5'2" here :laugh:

i've got the heli bars on my 08.:thumbsup: definetly can tell a difference on the longer rides. i had them on my 2000 superhawk as well. you really can't tell as far as the looks go, but you will tell when you ride it. i am very glad i forked over the 200.00 to get them. by the way i am about 6'3".

I got 'em on my '08. I had Gen Mar risers on my '06 and I like the helibars better. As you can see----no issue with the handling! i say-GET 'EM!

img_8614 (Small).jpg

dang 250 a day? usually takes me to lunch time :) 500 a day is not unusual for me and my tire bill shows it.. The left coast guys can really rack up some miles on a weekend.. (lucky dogs surrounded by good roads)

Those move the bars up. Heli's move the bars up and back without leaving a gap in the top triple cover. They also change the bars angle and width. Heli-bars made the Busa feel much more natural to me.
some people taller than 5'9" might not need them moved back such as myself?:poke:

dang 250 a day? usually takes me to lunch time :) 500 a day is not unusual for me and my tire bill shows it.. The left coast guys can really rack up some miles on a weekend.. (lucky dogs surrounded by good roads)

Mr. Cool Whip. :rofl:

Maybe you should consider size options if you can. I bet there would be several interested to give their heli-bars a bit more rise. About 1/2 to 3/4 inch more rise under the heli bars would be the ultimate comfort sport touring. Just IMO :-)

how much do these things weigh, the helibars? an estimate would give me an idea on international shipping rates please.
Thanks!

I just had the Heli-bars put on DOT (My '09) and by the time I got home I almost went straight back to have them removed, I still may.
These are, in my opinion a huge waste of 200+ bucks I could have spent on something else. The difference was nil in comfort and when I jockey my bike into the garage my knuckles hit the mirrors. I originally wanted to raise the bars so that I could lower the action of the levers, but found that it couldn't be done without more mods to the bars and stops.
Hope this helps someone decide, its just my two cents, look into it before you buy.
Thank you
Bubba

Back