Heli bars?

I just had the Heli-bars put on DOT (My '09) and by the time I got home I almost went straight back to have them removed, I still may.
These are, in my opinion a huge waste of 200+ bucks I could have spent on something else. The difference was nil in comfort and when I jockey my bike into the garage my knuckles hit the mirrors. I originally wanted to raise the bars so that I could lower the action of the levers, but found that it couldn't be done without more mods to the bars and stops.
Hope this helps someone decide, its just my two cents, look into it before you buy.
Thank you
Bubba

did it solve your problems in regards to levers??

No, the lever angle is still too high for my liking.

I am suprised at the number of 6' plus guys that put these on. My problem is arm length at 5'7"...I think if I were 6+ there would be no need...adjusted rearsets would be another thing.

I am suprised at the number of 6' plus guys that put these on. My problem is arm length at 5'7"...I think if I were 6+ there would be no need...adjusted rearsets would be another thing.

In hinny sight (that being my head up the ...) I do agree that the taller guys probably don't need this mod. I am 6'+ and really didn't have the wrist issues some guys did.
Bubba

I have helibars and I love them. Its amazing what a difference these make. The thing that almost stopped me from buying them was that I was afraid that they would look like crap once on even if they were more comfortable. This was not an issue. If you didnt know to look for them you would not know they were there.

I have helibars and I love them. Its amazing what a difference these make. The thing that almost stopped me from buying them was that I was afraid that they would look like crap once on even if they were more comfortable. This was not an issue. If you didnt know to look for them you would not know they were there.

Yes absolutely, they do not look bad at all, in fact it is hard to tell the difference between the two.
I am going to give them a few hundred miles more and if the knuckle hitting doesn't bother me too much I may leave them on, perhaps on the longer rides they may prove themselves better.

I read somewhere but can't find now that you can redrill gen 1 helibars and use on gen 2. Anybody did this and know where to drill new hole?

Well, I gotta be honest--I did put 'em on my '08 and I like 'em. But, being6'6" and having a LONG reach, I probably didn't really need them. But, I have no complaints about them. I do lots of long distance riding, so they allow me to change up my position often.

Well, I gotta be honest--I did put 'em on my '08 and I like 'em. But, being6'6" and having a LONG reach, I probably didn't really need them. But, I have no complaints about them. I do lots of long distance riding, so they allow me to change up my position often.

I just got off of 100+ miles today and although I still think 200+ dollars is way too much for this mod I did find one thing that will probably make me keep them on. When in full tuck and riding for a distance it is nice to put your elbows on your knees and the angle to the bars is slightly better and more comfortable.
I do agree there is something to be said about changing positions.
Mixed feelings so far but will still keep testing them for now.
Bubba

Back