Heli bar install help

tnburg

Registered
I'm trying to install my heli bars and I'm stuck already on #2! It says to loosen the throttle housing screws and spread the housing enough to disengage the locating pin.

Well I can only spread the housing about 1/8 inch, and I don't know where this locating screw is. Can someone point me in the right direction?

There are 2 screws on the bottom of the throttle housing. You will need to back out or remove both, the front one is a tight clearance on the inner panels.

You will also need to reroute the fast idle ( choke) cable.

If I remember right, the locating screw is just a pin that inserts from the housing to the bars to stop them from rotating.

Thanks for the help.

I got the screws out, but I can only spread the housing about 1/8 inch apart. I can't see in there enough to see where this pin is.

Try backing off on the throttle cable tension, it shoud not be an issue though. I guess you cant see anything else that could be interfering with it
rock.gif

That housing should pop open without a problem.

That housing should pop open without a problem.

That is correct. Might be a little tight. Also route cable as shown. You will love them. Great mod along with a Tobin seat.

hogger...

118_1805c.JPG

Thanks everyone for the help. I got it off. I would like to now lie and say it was just stuck!

Now the truth. There are three screws under there, and you only need to loosen the correct two!
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Well, there you go
smile.gif

Figgered it out without us
laugh.gif

You should like them, though. I'm very happy with mine
wink.gif

I was just telling my wife how I think forums are one of the best things the internet has to offer. Thanks again for all the help.

Just sitting on the bike, I can tell it's going to be at least as comfortable now, as my VFR was. Weather permitting, I'll be able to take a test ride tomorrow, and report back.

Just a quick update. I've put a couple hundred miles on since the install, and I really like these heli bars. No more back, shoulder or tricep fatigue. A little more pressure on my outer wrists, probably because of the more inward angle. Overall, well worth the money.

I was just telling my wife how I think forums are one of the best things the internet has to offer. Thanks again for all the help.

Just sitting on the bike, I can tell it's going to be at least as comfortable now, as my VFR was. Weather permitting, I'll be able to take a test ride tomorrow, and report back.

It's a stretch to think you can get a 'busa as comfortable as an Interceptor/VFR. Especially the later ones. The 'busa just has too much room between the seat and the 'bars.

I just bought the Heli bars for my '07, will put them on this week. Already have 1 1/8" risers. Those and Buell pegs and I think I'll have my 'busa about as comfortable as it can get.

Blue

Back