Heads up!!!  Daylight Savings Time

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
I don't know when they decided to do this but I wasn't aware until one of our IT guys sent out a reminder.

Good Afternoon,

As everyone is probably aware, the daylight savings time period is being extended this year. Please see extended dates below. We are currently installing patches and updates to all servers, PC’s and laptops within the company to make this transition as seamless as possible. Please read the following suggestions that Microsoft has provided concerning the daylight savings change as it affects your Outlook calendar.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Helpdesk at ext. 1446

DST start date
DST end date

Extended DST period
March 11, 2007
November 4, 2007

Previous DST period
April 1, 2007
October 28, 2007

How to minimize the effect of the extended DST period

To minimize confusion for users during the extended DST period, follow these steps:

When a meeting is organized during the extended DST period, write the correct meeting time in the subject line or the body of the message. For example, include the following text in the subject line or the body of the message:

Example Subject: Project planning meeting – 8:30 a.m. EDT

Consider any calendar items in the extended DST period to be suspect. If you are not sure, verify the correct time with the organizer of that meeting or appointment.

Thanks, I forgot all about this .............
SHOCKED.gif

Thanks!

BTW - I'm one of the IT guys that is busy patching all the servers, PCs, Blackberrys, etc!

What a PITA this is!
crazy.gif

(omslaw @ Feb. 27 2007,10:47) Thanks!

BTW - I'm one of the IT guys that is busy patching all the servers, PCs, Blackberrys, etc!

What a PITA this is!  
crazy.gif
I'm with you! It's like a mini-Y2K here...
wink.gif

(DNGrumpy @ Feb. 27 2007,08:26) If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Helpdesk at ext. 1446
What are they gonna do if somebody has a concern? Ask for it to be changed? lol!

---

I'm glad it's coming earlier because that gives us more time to ride... because I hate riding at night with all the animals out that can hit you... and all the frickin bugs!

Back