Headphones

cmc8

Donating Member
Registered
i have an mp3 player and i was thinking of using headphones while riding . i was wondering if anyone new if in Massachusets. it was legal or not. and or has anyone done it anywhere and had any problems.

<!--EDIT|cmc8
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144446462 -->

Not sure if it's legal or not but I was pulled over last week on 291 for doing 80,(was trying to stay warm only 28degrees out on the way into work) but never mind that, the officer was standing at the front of his car as I was taking my helmet off and taking the buds out of my ears, he let me go with a warning for speeding and never said anything about the buds or I-pod....
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif

I think you can get away with it in most cases.... I have mine "built in" and have only a single wire hanging down that I plug in. Had a friend get pulled over for his Ipod's white wires haning down in front of his black jacket. My stuff is black on black and I run it down between the button flap to the money pocket.

i figure i could get away with it. just did not know about the legality. i may just try it. on long rides i love my music but i can't get into the idea of external speakers.
vader1.gif

most people are woried about getting busted for speeding on a busa. i never gave my helmet speakers a second thought. love them i can still here cars. my ear buds blocked out all sound, i did not like that.
just my 2.5 cents

Headphones/ear buds "ARE" illegal in this state , but I was never one for respecting the laws .
biggrin.gif
Use them everyday , but keep em turned down low when in the city .

Back