Headlight issues

I was out riding and my headlight stopped working after I messed with the switch to go from low to high(my high Hid wasn't already working) so I was just playing with the switch. I checked the ballast n bulbs...nothing worked so I put a stock H7 bulb and nothing worked. My buddy got his multimeter for me n there is power going to the plug but headlight doesn't wanna work????

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

The switch should have been cut into the ground side of the circuit so you are not putting all the starting voltage through the switch. Check all grounds and connectors. The standard bulb wont work with and HID ballast, or if you meant you took the HID socket out and tried the factory socket for the halogen bulb: definitely check all grounds.

If you have HID's in you have to bypass the ballast if you are going to run your OEM halogen H-7.
What voltage reading did you get at the plug when troubleshooting?

HID's are ran with VAC
Haolgens (OEM) are ran with VDC

twotonevert said:
The switch should have been cut into the ground side of the circuit so you are not putting all the starting voltage through the switch. Check all grounds and connectors. The standard bulb wont work with and HID ballast, or if you meant you took the HID socket out and tried the factory socket for the halogen bulb: definitely check all grounds.

Yea I took out the HID stuff n just tried a regular bulb.

lankeeyankee said:
If you have HID's in you have to bypass the ballast if you are going to run your OEM halogen H-7.
What voltage reading did you get at the plug when troubleshooting?

HID's are ran with VAC
Haolgens (OEM) are ran with VDC

12V is Wat we got

If you got 12 volts across the connector, you either have a connector issue or bulb issue ........

Back