Headlight adjustment

OB_Warp13Busa

Registered
Great, now besides losing one of my Busa keys last week I've managed to lose the owners manual too. Here's my question...

Where are there provisions to adjust the headlight aim on the Busa? I tried looking into the cockpit with a flashlight but didn't see any adjuster screws.

Thanks,
Jim

Best way to access the adjustments is to remove plastic panel in the nose fairing that's just below the head light. You push in on the center post of the little pop fasteners to release them and then pull them out. Use a philips head screw driver to reach the toothed adjustment wheels. There are slots provided in the back side of the head light housing to guide the screw driver. Adjusting the top bulb is more difficult than the lower. Check you adjustment (ride the bike) before replacing the panel.

To reset the pop fasteners move the center post so that it protrudes from the fastener head. Replace the plastic panel and insert each fastener. Push in on the center post to lock each fastener in place.

Thanks Highpower, I finally figured out to pull that bottom panel and with a good flashlight, found the adjusters. Those low beam adjusters are a pain in the *** to get to! It took me a while to find the vertical adjuster but I did and now the beams are where I want them. That is, until I fiddle around with spring preload again or replace the stock springs!

Thanks,
Jim

Back