headlight adjust

codger

Registered
My headlight seems to aim low from the factory. how do i get access to adjust it.
the manual isnt very clear i would think i need to open up the pamnels under the nose above the front fender to get access am I corrrect?

There are lots of threads on this already. Try the search tool. Many people complain of the same thing. You can easily take off the panel above your front fender and reach up and turn the adjustment screws. I believe both screws for hi and low beam vertical adjust are on the right side of the light. The low beam adjustment screw is way up in there so you have to reach with a 10mm socket or wrench. Mine I can twist with my fingers.

You can get to them from below but it is a pain in the ars. I adjust mine from up top. Pull the windshield, inner plastic aroung gauges, unbolt the two bolts that hold the gauges to the faring stay and wiggle the gauges out of the rubber grommets. Take your bike out in the dark and adjust till it's where you need it, then take it back to the garage and button it up. If you do some night riding I would recommend that you look at installing HID, it's the best mod you can do to a busa in my opinion. If HID is not in the budget, while your in there put in a Sylvania H7 Silverstar bulb. 100% improvement for $20.

Back