headers

Didnt somebody say wrapping an 08 could cause titanium valve damage, or was that putting a turbo on?:dunno:

you shouldn't be seeing any overheating issues if your Gen II is stock. Since you're in Jersey I would say you really don't need to even think about wrapping the OE exhaust.

In response to your question, yes there would be a difference radiant temp wise.

i have my k8 wrapped and i haven't went on a ride yet :cry: but last summer i put about 9K miles on her (without wrap) with no overheating issues... however, the seat got so hot monkey butt was an issue on long rides. hopefully the wrap will decrease the seat temp a little.

I don't know how much of a seat temp change it'll be. The frame gets pretty hot which somehow makes it feel like it's radiating from the seat.

i have my k8 wrapped and i haven't went on a ride yet :cry: but last summer i put about 9K miles on her (without wrap) with no overheating issues... however, the seat got so hot monkey butt was an issue on long rides. hopefully the wrap will decrease the seat temp a little.

If you have a gel seat it wil heat up on a long ride.

I wrapped mine becuase I'm old school and theoretically keeping the exhaust gases hot provides better scavenging for the engine, possibly 1-2 Hp gain? Also cuts down on the heat trapped around the engine which isaway good. Problem with the K8 is the oil filter will not drop between the headers any longer so you have to disconnect the oil cooler line. Not a big deal in my opinion.

I wrapped mine becuase I'm old school and theoretically keeping the exhaust gases hot provides better scavenging for the engine, possibly 1-2 Hp gain? Also cuts down on the heat trapped around the engine which isaway good. Problem with the K8 is the oil filter will not drop between the headers any longer so you have to disconnect the oil cooler line. Not a big deal in my opinion.

you don't have to disconnect oil cooler line on a K8 just the brackets holding the radiator and oil cooler (so they can be moved around)... the header will slide down easily if the bike is in stands...

Any updates on this? Did you notice a difference? I have thought about doing this as well, because here in TX, this baby gets hot when I am riding. You can just feel the heat coming out when at a light.:devil:

Back