head work???

Probably gain about 25 ponies from head work and cams (carpender head) :thumbsup:

Dont take this the wrong way. But if it was me I would work on your clutch hand. Then add some wheelbase to the bike first.

Decking, matching intake, and port/polishing is pretty cheap

CNC porting is the way to go...Carpenter can do ur head for $2200&thats if you bring ur bike there&have them dissasmble/reassemble everything. Its less money if u just ship him your head.
KWS also does great CNC headwork too:beerchug:

Dont take this the wrong way. But if it was me I would work on your clutch hand. Then add some wheelbase to the bike first.

this. I've seen stock motors go 8's. There is no reason to add power unless you have the left hand and the chassis for it.

you've seen stock motors go 8's?! Holy cripe!! I've heard 14 owners say the same about their bikes... just thought it was overly proud banter on their part. At 13K miles, my clutch feels a little weak. Was thinking about going with a Brock's clutch mod. Should I replace the entire clutch? I'm in the same boat as twinvipers... gonna have head work done this winter, but I'm already 8" over and lowered 2". I'm naive to anyone who does motor work on Busa's... this Carpenter guy is pretty good?. Any idea how I can get ahold of him? I'd like to see what he would charge if I ship the head to him. Thanks. And good luck twinvipers.

you've seen stock motors go 8's?! Holy cripe!! I've heard 14 owners say the same about their bikes... just thought it was overly proud banter on their part. At 13K miles, my clutch feels a little weak. Was thinking about going with a Brock's clutch mod. Should I replace the entire clutch? I'm in the same boat as twinvipers... gonna have head work done this winter, but I'm already 8" over and lowered 2". I'm naive to anyone who does motor work on Busa's... this Carpenter guy is pretty good?. Any idea how I can get ahold of him? I'd like to see what he would charge if I ship the head to him. Thanks. And good luck twinvipers.

I bested 9.19 on my stock motor 08. that was with a ****ty 1.52 60/ft. all at 62" (4 over). A good rider can do 8's on that set up.

Carpenter has great services. Williford, carpenter, lots of options out there. Carpenter has tuned roll in, roll out prices on their websites if you're into that kind of thing.

Last edited:
Remember that headwork and cams doesn't create torque, but rather moves it higher up the RPM range. A full kill Carpenter head and cams on a stock displacment / stock compression motor may not give you the anticipated results, unless you spend for the big bore and pistons.

[.. this Carpenter guy is pretty good?. Any idea how I can get ahold of him? I'd like to see what he would charge if I ship the head to him. Thanks. And good luck twinvipers.[/QUOTE]

carpenterracing.com :bowdown:

Remember that headwork and cams doesn't create torque, but rather moves it higher up the RPM range. A full kill Carpenter head and cams on a stock displacment / stock compression motor may not give you the anticipated results, unless you spend for the big bore and pistons.

You drop the head and put cams in it and yes it will get more compression. I love to see people think it is all about the size of the piston here is a good example I use to race a 100cc controlled motor in the 150cc open class and kick their butts it is all in the way things are done:thumbsup:

CNC porting is the way to go...Carpenter can do ur head for $2200&thats if you bring ur bike there&have them dissasmble/reassemble everything. Its less money if u just ship him your head.
KWS also does great CNC headwork too:beerchug:

Any videos of this being done?

Back