He was just murdered!!!!!

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
I thought they would be ok together. they lived together for the last three weeks with no problems..

But a few minutes ago one of them struck without warning and killed the other....

I am devastated..

Here is a pic of the deceased....
down.gif

Kif_1473.jpg

I guess my snow flake felt like a little lobster tail for dinner.... man and they had been together for 3 weeks with no problems...
down.gif

He was acually just a cool looking blue cray fish.. but to me he was my little lobster...

Kind of expected it though. crustations are an eel's favorite food. I only paid $3.00 for him figured he would either live or the eel would have a nice meal (pun not intended). I guess I just figured that he made it like a few weeks and he was good to go..

Oh well..

I know when lobsters shed they are more vulnerable to attack/being eaten....the eel in my Marine Science class went after the lobster in his tank when it was shedding...never bothered him other than that as I guess he can't really hurt him. They moved the lobster to another tank until his new shell grew in completely....I think it took about 3 weeks...then they were put back in the same tank again and all was well.

Maybe your little craw daddy was shedding or something like that?

Sorry for your loss Ron.
sad.gif

I know when lobsters shed they are more vulnerable to attack/being eaten....the eel in my Marine Science class went after the lobster in his tank when it was shedding...never bothered him other than that as I guess he can't really hurt him. They moved the lobster to another tank until his new shell grew in completely....I think it took about 3 weeks...then they were put back in the same tank again and all was well.

Maybe your little craw daddy was shedding or something like that?

Sorry for your loss Ron.
sad.gif
Thanks Julie...

You have seen my tank, I keep a lot of fish together that for the most part should not get along... kind of expected..

How are your tanks doing?

I think it just took Snowflake three weeks of planning to figure out how to prepare dinner.
laugh.gif

Honestly though...Sorry for you loss Ron
wink.gif
sad.gif

Honestly everyone I aint that upset about it. thanks for all the sorry's though..
smile.gif

I just cant believe he ate that much of the tail, I mean I have seen the eel open is mouth up before but Dayum...

quick, somebody call 911!!!! GET THE FBI, CSI, FFA, FCC, and the MIB, STAT.

I hate that eel! Just somebody else that can eat shellfish when I can't!!!

DAM.

I love crayfish.:(

Wow $3.00 for a crawfish. I can get you all you want out of the canal behind my house for free. I have one in my tank with a 5 year old Oscar and they get along pretty good.

Bummer!! I've lost quite a few critters in the same manor over the years
sad.gif

I have a slipper lobster in my larger tank.  He's so ugly nothing bothers him.  He never comes out either. I see him about 3 times per year when I re-arrange my aquascaping and scrape coraline.

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127782020 -->

Back