He Died for You...Today

I think there was a man Called Jesus and he did great things, as for the son of god I just don't know I wish I did. And I respect all religions and wish we could all just live in peace. Happy easter.

Why was Good Friday on the 2nd of April last year and on the 22nd this year?
I'm confused without time to research ???

Why was Good Friday on the 2nd of April last year and on the 22nd this year?
I'm confused without time to research ???

Because the Christians hijacked a Pagan fertility festival which was based on the first full moon after the vernal equinox.... This changes every year....

Twice each year the sun shines directly on the equator and the length of day and night are nearly equal everywhere in the world. These dates are March 21st and September 21st. They are known as the vernal (or spring) equinox and autumnal (or fall) equinox.

The vernal equinox coincides with Easter and the special days that are related to it. They are days that do not fall on a fixed calendar day: Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Pentecost.

In the New Testament of the Bible, Jesus’ death and resurrection occurred around the time of the Jewish Passover, which was celebrated on the first full moon following the vernal equinox. Early sources showed that this soon led to Christians around the world celebrating Easter on different dates. At the end of the second century, some churches celebrated Easter on the day of the Passover, while others celebrated it on the following Sunday.

In 325 A.D. The Council of Nicaea established that Easter would be held on the first Sunday after the first full moon occurring on or after the vernal equinox. Easter is delayed one full week if the full moon is on Sunday, which decreases the chances of it falling on the same day as the Jewish Passover.

Because the Christians hijacked a Pagan fertility festival which was based on the first full moon after the vernal equinox.... This changes every year....

Much like Christmas. He wasn't born anywhere near Dec. 25th, that was a Pagan holiday as well. And it wasn't in the year 0, it was closer to 6BCE; the math left out a ruler.

Brothers & Sisters, everyone is entitled to their own Beliefs !!!! I mean look this is why they make chocolate & vanilla ice cream. Regardless of ones religious or political views. As fellow humans should we not try to uplift each other instead of dragging one down or attacking ones beliefs or views. I believe the whole point of the post has been missed. Someone thought enough of others to wish them a Happy Easter. That as another Family member here should we not look for the good of the Wish instead of trying to turn it into a negative debate ???? The oRg. has been a second Family to my Family and a big support during the times of the loss of my younger Brother and Father in less than 2 years. I am not much on the tech end of the forum, since I am a Harley Rider. The Family of the oRg all accepted my Family during the loss of my Brother even though all my Family are Harley Riders. I have and always will cherish the members here. I just wish we would all look at the good of ones posts instead of the bad. So therefore I Too will wish everyone a Happy Easter !!!! :bowdown:

Jesus-rising-from-the-dead-on-easter-with-the-words-he-is-risen.jpg

:bowdown:

Rejoice , happy Easter everybody.

Some traditional Easter symbolism.........

1. The Easter Bunny

It is no secret that bunnies are very fertile. The hare and later the bunny was a symbol of new life to the Pagans. It was later adopted by the christian faith to represent new life in Christ. The first accounts of the Easter bunny are in German writings in the early 1500's.

2. The Easter Egg

Everyone loves dying eggs on Easter pretty vibrant colors. For Pagans, coloring Easter eggs were meant as a celebration of the Spring. Christians have given each color a meaning. Red is the blood that Christ shed, blue is eternal life, and green is a symbol for Christs salvation.Those are just a few examples. The egg itself reminds the christian of the rock tomb from which Christ arose.

3. Easter Egg Rolling

The most famous Easter egg roll takes place at the White House the day after Easter. Children push brightly decorated eggs across the white house lawn. For Christians this symbolizes the stone that was blocking Jesus' tomb being rolled away.

4. Easter Lilies

Easter lilies come from a bulb that is buried and reborn. We are reborn when we accept Christ as our savior. They represent purity and holiness. There is a legend that when Christ was hanging on the cross that the lilies bent their heads out of mourning. They continue to bend their heads out of respect.

5. The Cross

The cross is a symbol of Jesus who died on the cross. His death on the cross meant salvation to all who would believe. The cross also symbolizes courage and salvation. Anglo Saxton countries eat hot crossed buns on Good Friday. These are baked buns that are marked with a cross.

6. The Lamb

Jesus is often identified in the bible as the lamb. Many Christians have a tradition of eating leg of lamb on Easter Sunday.

Here is the best 3 days 3 nights with biblical backing and the correct Sabbaths that I've seen

chronology-jesus-christ-death-burial-resurrection.jpg

Well,

It is a historical fact that there was a Jesus. Unlike other religions however, Jesus becomes supernatural in mythology (the bible). Many religions recognize Jesus as a prophet but not as a supernatural being. Historically Jesus has a family and offspring. This was excluded from the bible as his offspring would rival the church for power, and in fact Mary's writings are even excluded (yes the mother of Jesus is excluded!). I learned early on that the bible was a propaganda tool. I asked my Sunday school teacher why Jesus looked like a white guy in the bibles we were using to do our lessons. I noted that Jesus was a north African and was surely a knotty haired, dark complected man. For that I found myself excused from Sunday school classes and asked not to come back.

Our constitution was authored by thinkers who were heavily influenced by the enlightenment. They understood that religion is an absolute that limits growth and can limit man's goals. They understood that civilization requires compromise, religion does not. This enlightenment is why the progress man made in the hundreds of thousands of years on this planet pale in comparison to the 300 years when we embraced that we can control our own destiny with our own minds. They also realized that religion was a problem when it was allowed to function as a political system (look at the social/technological retardation in countries where religion controls the government), and so they reduced the role of religion while protecting an individual's right to believe whatever they want.

However, Jesus was without doubt a great man and is one of the 7-8 great thinkers who shaped our intellectual evolution as humans. for that I say Happy Easter!

Well,

It is a historical fact that there was a Jesus. Unlike other religions however, Jesus becomes supernatural in mythology (the bible). Many religions recognize Jesus as a prophet but not as a supernatural being. Historically Jesus has a family and offspring. This was excluded from the bible as his offspring would rival the church for power, and in fact Mary's writings are even excluded (yes the mother of Jesus is excluded!). I learned early on that the bible was a propaganda tool. I asked my Sunday school teacher why Jesus looked like a white guy in the bibles we were using to do our lessons. I noted that Jesus was a north African and was surely a knotty haired, dark complected man. For that I found myself excused from Sunday school classes and asked not to come back.

Our constitution was authored by thinkers who were heavily influenced by the enlightenment. They understood that religion is an absolute that limits growth and can limit man's goals. They understood that civilization requires compromise, religion does not. This enlightenment is why the progress man made in the hundreds of thousands of years on this planet pale in comparison to the 300 years when we embraced that we can control our own destiny with our own minds. They also realized that religion was a problem when it was allowed to function as a political system (look at the social/technological retardation in countries where religion controls the government), and so they reduced the role of religion while protecting an individual's right to believe whatever they want.

However, Jesus was without doubt a great man and is one of the 7-8 great thinkers who shaped our intellectual evolution as humans. for that I say Happy Easter!

This post, Willie, is exactly why I have always respected you. I don't subscribe to every political anything most post here, ever, and I'm not religious, period, but I appreciate people that THINK and ASK. Most importantly, you do so with respect.

You'll no doubt stir up the proverbial hornets nest now, but I just had to chime in ;)

Back