Hayabusa's on EBay

greeneinc

Donating Member
Registered
Hello,

I am new and am not sure if this is being posted in the correct section but I am looking at a couple of Hayabusa's on Ebay and they seem too good to be true. Would you buy one on EBay? Thanks.

Hello and thanks. I only ask because I there is a Hayabusa for sale on ebay that I have seem posted before only with a different seller. They are located about 3 hours from me and I am willing to travel to see if the bike is for real as well as have the police check to make sure that the bike is not stolen. Only thing is that I have not heard back from the seller. Also I have seen some 99 and 00's go for in between $5800 and $7900 stock. Is that a good price?

Hello and thanks.  I only ask because I there is a Hayabusa for sale on ebay that I have seem posted before only with a different seller.  They are located about 3 hours from me and I am willing to travel to see if the bike is for real as well as have the police check to make sure that the bike is not stolen.  Only thing is that I have not heard back from the seller.  Also I have seen some 99 and 00's go for in between $5800 and $7900 stock.  Is that a good price?
A lot has to do with mileage and how the bike looks and has been maintained.
I would def. go look at the bike before buying one on ebay.

I just added the one that I am looking at as my avitar. It is listed as being in New York right now and this is a 2003.

How much is the asking price/reserve? the one in your avatar looks to be stretched, custom paint etc....

I've bought two bikes on eBay, but made sure they were both close enough so I could go inspect the goods and title before handing over the money. In other words, pick up the bike personally if you don't know the seller. There are too many money transfer scams going on out there. As for the eBay bikes you're looking at, there always seem to be one or two scam listing out of the 20 or so that are posted at any given time. They are usually obvious and comical... tricked out busa with every mod possible for a "buy it now" price of $3,000. Usually the seller will have some story of how he is overseas and needs to unload it. Wire transfer the money, etc. etc. etc. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

What WarBrown said. Welcome to the board and be careful out there!

damn he has like 4 posts, and figured out the avator thing, why cant i!!!!!
sad.gif

I have bought 4 bikess through ebay. I took a chance on one because it was clean across the USA, but I had the money wired to a dealership to hold until my bike got here. The dealership was cool and didnt mind. After I gave them the OK, they cut the seller a check. They didnt charge me anything which was real cool. The other 3 were within driving distance 3-4 hours and I went to check them out before I even sent a deposit.
You just gotta be carefull.

IS THIS the auction you are referring to.
If so I would stay away. Def. looks like a scam to me.
Most of the time if it has a preapproved bidders list or buy it now of 3,000 or so it is a scam.

my gf bought the Katana from ebay. and we bought the busa from ebay too. You just have to be carefull and make sure everything checks in. The busa was bought from a Honda dealership in chicago so I knew it was legit.

I've sold 2 bikes through E-Bay and everyone that was intrested came to see it and hear it first ..Guess i would do the same..

If for any reason you want to believe the auction is legit, contact the seller and ask for a pic of the area located under the rear hump. tell him you want to see the painted tail section color is matched under the area the hump covers and you also want to see how the PC or Nitrous control wiring and installation were done. That separates the scammers from the real deal 90%+ of the time since scammers don't have posession of the bike they are selling. No pic no bid. Good Luck.

That is it and I still haven't heard back from him. The bike is clean though. I am jonesing for a bike. I haven't been on one since July 2003 when I had an accident on my GSXR 750. Before you tell me a Hayabusa is too much for, before the accident I have been riding for 10 years ranging from GSXR600's to GSXR1100's and ZX7's to ZX11's. I am looking at the Hayabusa for drag racing!!

Back