Hayabusa Turbo Overheating

steelhead

Registered
Question for the turbo enthusiast.

My friends's Turbo Hayabusa keeps overheating when it is idling at a traffic light. What is the most likely reason? Your tips appreciated.

Assume the bike is pefectly maintained and has all the tricks on it (which is actually true). The only thing that I question on this bike is having a Yoshimura exhaust on it.

Any tips?

There are a lot of possibilities, but the two main ones I would look at are a coolant issue (be it a bad water pump or a partially blocked radiator) or a mapping issue. if it's running lean, it'll definitely run a lot hotter than it should.

My guess would be either a coolant issue (fan not coming on, radiator partially blocked, low coolent, or water pump issue) or the bike is running too lean. too lean equals running a lot hotter.

it's prob not the exhaust... was the cooling system "burped"? what's the A/F ratio set at?, is it intercooled? does it still make power? does it jusr run hot when idled for a long time on hot days? Did it truly overheat?

TRE
rock.gif

Do you have an intercooler? Mine runs hot when I'm in traffic because the intercooler blocks airflow to the radiator. Just had some engine ice put in as part of an overall tuneup at HPC, so I'm curious to see how much of a difference that makes.

Back