Hayabusa Shuts Down When I Roll Off The Throttle.

Stuart Robinson

Registered
Hoping one of you guys can help me here.
Ive been trying to get a friends hayabusa back on the road. It was running perfectly but then sat in the shed for Years, when he came to it the fuel had gone off and turned to jelly.
Anyways he cleaned it up and replaced the fuel pump internals as the bad fuel Ruined it.
The problem im having now is that the bike appears to be running fine until you take it out it pulls well but as soon as you roll Off the throttle it dies, flick the kill. Switch, hit the starter and it fires up again before youve even rolled to a halt. It ticks over fine and pulls through the gears on the stand but cant be ridden .
The bike is showing no fault codes. I have done basic resistance checks on all the sensors and nothing has come back odd, i put a fuel pressure gauge on the rail and found the pressure running anywhere between 60psi and 120psi which seems very high, the bike ran better when I got the pressure down to about 45 but i dont know what it is supposed to have when its running.
Ive had fuel pump stripped and and fuel Rail off and put it all through the ultrasonic cleaner. Put it back together this week and tested it out today still exactly the same. Seems to run fine but didn't get half way down the street before it died on throttle close.
This thing was perfect before it was stored but now its driving me mad.
Does anyone have any suggestions what might be causing all this?

What year is it? If Gen2 believe it or not check to ensure your clutch switch isn't stuck which can be done by seeing if the bike will start without the clutch lever being pulled in. When it's not working properly it effects the mapping and one of the problems manifests itself in dying once coming down from high RPM or a hard pull.

Hi guys thanks for the replies , its a 1999 gsx 1300 r x. So a gen 1.
Filters all cleaned and injectors cleaned.
Could The Clutch Switch Issue be Present On A first Gen Bike? It Doesnt Normaly Start Without Pulling The Clutch In But I Havent Really Tested It Specifically. Something To Try Though. Realy At A Loss As To Whats Causing It

Ide check the kickstand safety switch also.
Not uncommon to go bad, or not being engaged enough.
Could cause your issue, the sudden loss of momentum when closing the throttle could cause the switch to pin to open enough to kill the engine.
Not saying it's the problem, but it does happen, is a simple fix, and is worth checking,

Back