Hayabusa.org Juliana Fund...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>This fund raiser was closed as of 03/17/2005. Please do not make any more donations to my PayPal account for this fund.</span>

<span style='color:blue'>Total Amount Raised: $1055.00!!! THE GOAL WAS $1000.00 WE DID IT!!!!! Thanks for all of your support!</span></span>
super.gif

While surfin' another site this week I ran across a link to a news story that touched my heart. The story is about a little girl who was born without a face, but apparently with a HUGE heart. After watchin' the news video clip I was *deeply* impressed by the girl's parents' reaction to her condition and their ability to see past the surface and love this little sweetheart the way she should be loved... UNCONDITIONALLY.
super.gif

The reporters said that the US NAVY is covering Juliana's medical expenses but not the family's travel and living expenses on the trips to and from the hospitals for the numerous surgeries. Those expenses are estimated to be around $6,000.00 a year.

In the video clip they show Juliana offering up a hug to the reporter whom she'd never met. She appears to be the very definition of unconditional love, no doubt due to the fact that this is how she has been loved since birth. Watchin' the video I just wanted to pick 'er up and hug 'er myself. I don't see how anyone could watch this video and not want to do just that.

In my line of work I deal with folks who give birth to children without any abnormal conditions and don't show them this much love. I cringe at the thought of a baby like Juliana bein' born to parents who don't have what it takes to deal with things like this. I know a couple who had a little girl with a similar condition. They had the same reaction as Juliana's parents. Their little girl wasn't expected to live long but has gone FAR past that and has done things that she was never expected to be able to do. I credit this to the huge amounts of love from some awesome parents.

With all that said, since I can't pick little Juliana up and physically give her a hug I thought the next best thing to do would be to send another type of hug to her and her family. I felt moved to try and help raise some money to help cover their non-covered expenses. I don't expect to come up with $6k, but I'm sure that any and every little amount they recieve would be appreciated.

I'm not gonna pressure anyone into givin' anything but if you feel moved to do so I'll help in any way I can. I've got an email in to the reporter to try and find out if the family has, or might could get a PayPal account set up. I'll post up as soon as I know something on that. In the meantime if anyone wants to give and prefers to use PayPal you can send the funds to me and I'll add it to whatever I come up with locally. I'm tryin' to figure out how to do a benefit ride or somethin' to try and raise more funds than I can afford to give out of my own pocket.

There are also options provided in the video and the written article if you prefer not to work it through me. Even if you can't afford to give financially I'm sure your thoughts and/or prayers (not tryin' to start a religion debate... if it's not your thing, that's fine) would be appreciated. I'm gonna try to get a link to this thread to the family, too. Seems like they're the kind of family that would appreciate thoughts and prayers as much as they'd appreciate the money. I know that's meant a lot to my friends.

Anyway, here's the link to the video clip...

Juliana news report...

Anyone who wants to donate through me via PayPal can send funds to (PayPal Address Deleted at close of fund raiser) . I can also post up a physical mailing address if anyone wants to send any other type of funds to me to be included into a lump sum from H.org. Just let me know...

Again, I'm not tryin' to pressure anyone into givin' anything. I'm just extending an invitation to help out if you feel moved to do so.This board has came together and done some awesome things since I've been a member. I just thought that this was as good of a cause as I've seen in a long time so I thought I'd throw it out and see what we could do for 'em.
wink.gif

Thanks,
Chris

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111113708 -->

super.gif

I watched the vid & all I can say is what an incredible family!! Count me in too BT. Thanks for setting this up..
super.gif

I can't view the clip BT, but I can feel the emotions in your post.  We were put on this planet to make change. Count me in!

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103310366 -->

If there was ever a topic on this board that should be pinned this is it.
Someone pin this thing please.
Train...expect my paypal tonight bro!!!

I can't view the clip BT, but I can feel the emotions in your post. We were put on this planet to make change. Count me in!
Yeah, I'm real skeptical of a lot of the "charities" these days and find it hard to just shell out for some of 'em. Occasionally though somethin' like this comes along and I just feel moved to do somethin' even if it's small. I've always believed that if you feel moved to do somethin' like this and you don't, you're only cheatin' yourself.

Not everyone will be as touched and moved by this story as I was, but I knew some here would be. I thought that offering this up to everyone would give the sport riding community a chance to make a positive impact on the lives of some deserving folks and leave a lasting positive impression. I mean, we all know that the sport riding community as a whole ain't just stuntahs and thugs. Why not take opportunities like this to show people the other side of crotch rocket riders?
wink.gif

Thanks for the support Dawg.
beerchug.gif

BT, bro you can count me in. How long you gonna run it for.
I dunno... depends on participation. Prolly at least through January. That way folks don't feel pushed to give right before Christmas. I know most folks are strapped this time of year. If I can raise a decent sum by the end of January I'll prolly present it to them around the first of February. I've got some nice pledges on a local site already. If the pledges all come through we should be able to put a nice dent in a year's travel expenses. We'll just have to see what all actually comes in, and when...
wink.gif

Thanks for your support, too.
beerchug.gif

I agree with the pinning idea. Keep it up top where it hopefully won't get missed. BT, I'll join in, but I've got to talk to the wife and see what we can swing right now.
cool.gif

I agree with the pinning idea. Keep it up top where it hopefully won't get missed. BT, I'll join in, but I've got to talk to the wife and see what we can swing right now.
cool.gif
That's cool. I'm not askin' anyone to put themselves in a bind to do this. I'm sure the family wouldn't want that either. Whatever it is will be fine. Even if some can't, or just don't want to give that's fine, too. No pressure on anyone. Just an invitation to take part if you want to and are able.
wink.gif

Maybe Captain will pin it when he sees it.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Your welcome....Much thanks to whoever pinned this...
beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103931227 -->

Paypal sent Chris....thanks for giving us the opportunity to help out.
I'm sure every penny will help this family out folks.... please give a bit if you can swing it......I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated!!

I live here local where this family is, this story has gone around the world. Nobody expected the kind of response that has happened with this there is a local school where the kids went out and earned money, donated their alowances, gave up their Christmas presents, ect. This took place in just Three days.

School Story

Main page with other links

I live here local where this family is, this story has gone around the world. Nobody expected the kind of response that has happened with this there is a local school where the kids went out and earned money, donated their alowances, gave up their Christmas presents, ect. This took place in just Three days.

School Story

Main page with other links
Thanks for the links pheron!!!
super.gif

Just updatin' the thread and addin' the total to date... $170.00 in just a couple days!
super.gif

Back