Hayabusa on Discovery Channel

jaydoc1

Registered
It's amazing how deeply and personally we all get attached to our bikes, but I've always felt like there is something extra special about 'Busas.
My wife has been right there with me as I have waited for one since 1999 and was as excited as I was when I got my '04 LE two months ago.
I've had this giant cheesy grin stuck on my face since I bought it and it only gets bigger when I'm actually riding it.  This bike is everything I've always thought it would be, and yet...
Talk to most sportbike riders on GSX-R1000's, ZX-12's, CBR 954's, etc... and you always get the same response:  "It's too big.  It doesn't turn well.  It's too heavy.  Etc..."
Well, set any 'Busa in a line of twenty or so other bikes and people always gravitate towards it.  There simply is nothing else like it.
Well today it became official (for me, anyway, this show may have aired earlier).  On the Discovery Channel today I saw a show titled "The seven most amazing motorcycles in the world".  My wife (who happens to be in the hospital on bed rest for pre-term labor) actually called me to tell me to hurry up and get there to watch this show with her.  So as I sit there I'm thinking, "Wouldn't it be cool if the Hayabusa was in this list."  The bikes were picked by editors of some of the big bike magazines and included old Ducati cafe racers, motocross bikes, an original Indian Chief, etc...  A pretty good lineup all in all.

BUT GUESS WHAT BIKE THEY PICKED FOR THE NUMBER ONE MOST AMAZING BIKE IN THE WORLD?!

THE VESPA!!!!

blush.gif
oops
blush.gif

I mean:

bowdown.gif
THE HAYABUSA  
bowdown.gif

We all knew it, and now so does the rest of the world!!!

blush.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif
WE'RE NOT WORTHY MUST BOW DOWN
bowdown.gif

zx12
bowdown.gif

zx10
bowdown.gif

R1
bowdown.gif

CBR1000
bowdown.gif

CBR1100XX
bowdown.gif

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084073824 -->

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

How the V-Rod made the list I'll never understand. I guess it was "big" leap for HD.
laugh.gif

Real innovative, yeah right. With the pitiful gas mileage and 100 mile range, they must want to use them for urban advertising by keeping them parked at the gas pumps.

I saw that too, I was afraid I missed the sportbikes because I was sure there would be on there, but I almost crap when I saw the Busa on there. Bad thing was my dad was there, I'm only 20 and he hates for me to have it. Poor guy.:D

I am so freaking pissed! I was watching that show and when it got to number 2, my wife made me get up and go food shopping. AAAAARRRGGGHHHH!!! That was one sweet Ducati btw.

I have the Discovery Busa clip downloaded. I watch it from time to time to remind myself what awesome purchasing decision I just made. What about the Ducati?!!! Cafe racerbike extrodinaire? wheeww. but it did pave the way for modern sportbikes.

<!--EDIT|gtrpimp76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121838830 -->

How the V-Rod made the list I'll never understand. I guess it was "big" leap for HD.  
laugh.gif

Real innovative, yeah right.  With the pitiful gas mileage and 100 mile range, they must want to use them for urban advertising by keeping them parked at the gas pumps.
hrmmm-- methinks gas mileage ain't one of the busas selling points
smile.gif

Ok-- VROD gets 125 and I pull 140 outa a tank...

I have the clip also. I downloaded it from a link from this board. I did a search though and cant find the post.:(

Is this the right clip?

Crap, I was trying to link to busa.wmv

<!--EDIT|IScream
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121871283 -->

Back