Hayabusa gen 1 running issues

danandjulie

Registered
Wonder if you guys can shed light on my issue I have with my gen 1 busa .was running fine and when I took her out again she started bucking or dropping revs instantaneous and then picks up again for a few minutes and then does it again .doesn't do it much at low speed and low revs but as soon as you open up the throttle she starts jerking and has now started cutting out .the revs climb and then drops down and cuts out ? Nearly few times threw me off the bike as it happens unexpectedly

Welcome...

Diagnosing such an issue will come with a lot of questions for you..

What year gen 1?
How many miles?
What is the maintenance history? (plugs, air filter, fuel filter, fuel system maintenance?)
Any codes when in dealer mode?

Initially it sounds like a fueling issue but it can be deceiving sometimes...

I would almost bet losing the fuel pump. It moves enough fuel at low loads, but as soon as the load builds, it runs out of fuel.

Welcome...

Diagnosing such an issue will come with a lot of questions for you..

What year gen 1?
How many miles?
What is the maintenance history? (plugs, air filter, fuel filter, fuel system maintenance?)
Any codes when in dealer mode?

Initially it sounds like a fueling issue but it can be deceiving sometimes...
It's a 2000 unrestricted model with 50 k miles ...had bike for 6 years ish and only use it very occasionally .maybe 500 miles a year ? Always fresh oil sometimes twice a year .not much service no

It's a 2000 unrestricted model with 50 k miles ...had bike for 6 years ish and only use it very occasionally .maybe 500 miles a year ? Always fresh oil sometimes twice a year .not much service no
Sounds like fueling......especially since it is ridden so few miles each year...things gum up in the fuel system pretty quickly.

Lots of threads on this forum that can walk you through the fuel system maintenance on an early Gen 1 as they are different than 2001 and up...

Welcome to the forum. I’m agree with others on the fuel filter/pump on its way out being the potential issue.

Sounds like fueling......especially since it is ridden so few miles each year...things gum up in the fuel system pretty quickly.

Lots of threads on this forum that can walk you through the fuel system maintenance on an early Gen 1 as they are different than 2001 and up...
Cheers will check it out

Back