2004 Hayabusa Gen 1

Vleisie

Registered
Good day.
I bought a 2004 Hayabusa but it has been butchered a bit. The bike Revs up to 10000rpm and then hangs there before it dies. It also shows no FI code until I Rev it up then it gives c24 c25 c26 and c27. It has a aftermarket inline fuel pump as well as aftermarket fuel regulator

Welcome...

What do you mean by revving to 10k and holding? Are you revving it while riding or standing beside it? I'd never recommend "dry revving" like that as a head gasket or bent valve will be your next repair.

Dies as in quits all of a sudden or fades off then quits?

As for the codes, I'd have to look them up the same as you...if you have a manual for a gen 1 it will tell you what those codes are...if you don't have a manual.....you need one.

It will be easier to track the issue down with the codes..

Welcome...

What do you mean by revving to 10k and holding? Are you revving it while riding or standing beside it? I'd never recommend "dry revving" like that as a head gasket or bent valve will be your next repair.

Dies as in quits all of a sudden or fades off then quits?

As for the codes, I'd have to look them up the same as you...if you have a manual for a gen 1 it will tell you what those codes are...if you don't have a manual.....you need one.

It will be easier to track the issue down with the codes..

Even when driving it doesn't go over 10000rpm. The bike loses power and then dies.

Even when driving it doesn't go over 10000rpm. The bike loses power and then dies.
Sounds like a fueling issue for sure....

How is it up to that rpm? Is it strong?

Check out the manual to see what the codes are..

To compare I had a 2000 Yamaha R1 and to be honest the Busa would have come 2nd.
If it isn't pulling hard enough to make you scared, you have a fueling issue, this thing when running properly should be eating an R1 for a snack.

Has the bike sat, how many miles/kms on it, has it had a tune up in a while (air filter, plugs).

In my opinion, I'd be stripping the fuel system and cleaning it from injectors to fuel pump.

If it isn't pulling hard enough to make you scared, you have a fueling issue, this thing when running properly should be eating an R1 for a snack.

Has the bike sat, how many miles/kms on it, has it had a tune up in a while (air filter, plugs).

In my opinion, I'd be stripping the fuel system and cleaning it from injectors to fuel pump.
Will look into the fuel system Def. Thanks it has a turbo ready motor but I bought it from the guy for a good price

Yeah I was on board with fuel til the last part. "Was made turbo ready". Man now we can be getting into cams or maps or etc.

I'd start with fuel as everything else gets pricey.

Thanks it has a turbo ready motor but I bought it from the guy for a good price
then the cyl. base/foot gasket should be a thick one - around 2mm
and the compr. ratio is down to 8:1

what would you expect by that low ratio?
the standard is around 11:1

Back