Getting fault code gen 2

steveuk

Registered
Hi Guys, As last post of mine said, brought a gen 2 that had not started for 4 years, got it running but was rough, as advised pulled the fuel pump and changed the strainer, I was going to replace the filter until i was given the price for it, so done the bypass and inline filter trick. they were a mess, also flushed cooling system then fitted new thermostat.
Starts and runs fine on the bench but when I try going up the road, rough running at low revs, clears a little as I pick up speed and got into 3rd (but not right), still cuts out and F1 lights up. by the time I get home and do the dealer codes up it says C00.
Any idea on what to try next ?
Can I link the wires to get dealer code showing and ride it hoping that it shows a code that i can read before cutting out?
On cars the ECU keeps the codes in the memory until you clear in, but it looks like the bike only shows the fault while the problem is active and its not active while on the bench.

Did you change the plugs? Even sitting can kill them and they can break down under a load.

Is the battery a new one?

FI light is not always a fuel related issue...oddly enough.

next time dont turn the bike off you can get the code. If you didnt clean the injectors they may be clogged up with old fuel and not flowing enough under load.
Hi Bobby914, I do not turn the bike off, the F1 light comes on and she cuts out straight away. I did not pull the injectors, what is the best way to clean them?

I think, and I could be wrong, that 00 is a tps code. @c10 will know more than I do. Hopefully he can help.
I think the -C00 code is normal, the little dash - goes up to the top level when i rev her, then returns to the center when ticking over. But not sure about anything on this bike, new to the busa.

I think the -C00 code is normal, the little dash - goes up to the top level when i rev her, then returns to the center when ticking over. But not sure about anything on this bike, new to the busa.

C00 is normal, no codes. Jump the plug, ride around, wait for the F1 light to come on again, and read the code. If it says "C00" still, that tells you something; if it says "C41" or any other number, that tells you something. Report back! Do this first.

The dash is the tps. I knew it didn't seem right when I wrote it...do as Frank suggested.

Back