Hayabusa issues 2014 Gen 2

Nope, good question actually....

If one were to never change the oil or let the oil get low and then abuse the clutch, it can go like this too.
no I meant how stupid of his "friend" to do this. If you are a skilled rider (like I would call myself) I wouldnt even think about to do those things to my bike, let alone someone elses bike.

no I meant how stupid of his "friend" to do this. If you are a skilled rider (like I would call myself) I wouldnt even think about to do those things to my bike, let alone someone elses bike.

...Ah, now I'm tracking...your response confused this old brain (which takes very little).

Yep, a sad thing to happen to someone's bike

Haha . . you got a way with words bro!
That clutch has had SERIOUS abuse.
That motor needs to be stripped and checked.
Study this chart . .
View attachment 1607398
View attachment 1607397
View attachment 1607396

Heres another view of the lubrication system
View attachment 1607400
View attachment 1607399
Note the oil (with the debris from the clutch) first goes through the strainer before the pump.
The strainer mesh will be clogged, the bits small enough to go through the mesh will have gone through the oil pump, then through the oil cooler blocking that also, then to the filter clogging that up.
Oil pressure and flow rate are significantly reduced causing heat and friction damage to bearing surfaces and all metal to metal surfaces (cams to buckets) will be affected.
Bad news. Your 'friend' owes you a motor.
The bike sounds great it just has a hard start and continues to drain the battery. Could it have gone this far even tho it sounds the same?

Yes. In fact, more likely than not the motor needs to be rebuilt. Do the compression test as suggested. You've got more than one problem going on, there's not going to be a cheap fix.

I'd check the inside of the oil pick up tube if it has crap in it, the motor will have to be dismantled and cleaned because that means debris has been spread throughout the engine. These engines are tough and will run even if they are sick.

Hopefully it didn't get into the cylinders...

You never know, you might get lucky.

I love your knowledge!
In your opinion- what does someone have to do to screw up the clutch so badly? I have never seen this before...
I’ve seen this many times on farm bikes, DR200’s mostly, they get abused by the farm workers who don’t give a rats and slip that clutch all the way to hell, but on road bikes I’ve not seen it as bad as this.
IMO this is the result of someone that is either drunk, on drugs, or mentally ill with a borrowed Hayabusa and just being a f&@kwit with it, having drag race starts, burn outs and clutched wheelies.
Rob is right about the trash in that pan. . . That ain’t all clutch material, some rather big metallic pieces in there too, but the oil looks clean. As Rob said, it’s most likely got a lot of scoring on the cylinder liners and pistons, this will allow compression blow by into the crank case, but I’ve never heard of a screwed down oil cap blowing off. . Twice. Unless it was never screwed down tight in the first place.
Whatever way you look at if, the engine needs a strip down, inspection and repair up to new status.
The oil arrives from the filter directly into the main gallery, that’s crank journal bearings and big end rod bearings folks.
Damn shame, it was such a nice low miles engine too!

I love your knowledge!
In your opinion- what does someone have to do to screw up the clutch so badly? I have never seen this before...
He said the clutch was replaced once before it burned up again. There was probably a bunch of junk in the pan from the first one. That will choke oil supply. As I said before, the clutch is the last to see oil. The second one would burn up even faster if the stack height wasn’t correct.

Back