Hayabusa -2001 missfires at load

MegabusaSweden

Registered
Hi

I have a westfield Megabusa which is a pain to drive right now, atleast in public because it missfires at about 2500-3500 rpm when im accelerate slowly or simply get the car to move from standing still. If i pusch the throttle a little more its running fine. infact it works beautifully decpite this low rpms. Its equipped with MBE9A4 which is running SBD standard Hayabusa map.

The car has been standing for almost 2 years and the problem was not before the rest. the motor itselt are almost brand new so nothing should be worn out decpite it got some years now.
Its getting worse when engine is hot. You could hear it when i enter the pits at the end of this movie at 12.50. I cant get the missfires to happen in neutral gear.

Help!!

Last edited by a moderator:
coil packs break down and can end up with a relatively weak spark,if using iridium plugs they can pack in without warning or your fuel pressure is playing about.
I had a B-king had the same snag...default plugs are iridium...normal plugs solved the problem.
Something else could be build up of corrosion/dirt on the valves so they aren't sealing 100%.
I checked my cylinders out at the time with a cheap Ebay borescope that plugs into a laptop...just remove the spark plug and in goes the camera.

Could there be water in the fuel?

Hi, update ; the problem seems the tps. I finally got the data connection to work and started to test the tps. We adjusted it a little and it misfires less now but still there. The sensor feel is very loose. The dator also provided us info that the tps sometimes in some how turns the figures around and the motor stops right away, this happens at low rpm. The question now is where I could get a new tps? It's gen 1 Busa with 2 screws. Thanks.

Hi, update ; the problem seems the tps. I finally got the data connection to work and started to test the tps. We adjusted it a little and it misfires less now but still there. The sensor feel is very loose. The dator also provided us info that the tps sometimes in some how turns the figures around and the motor stops right away, this happens at low rpm. The question now is where I could get a new tps? It's gen 1 Busa with 2 screws. Thanks.

swap map sensor and put tps at normal setting. see if that helps

Back