2001 Hayabusa dying

scottyhendrix

Registered
Recently my 2001 Hayabusa died mid ride. Pulled over and attempted to restart. Bike would turn over occasionally but would die after 30 seconds or when I increased throttle to 3k rpm’s. Had the battery tested, failed test and replaced it. Got the bike started and running checked the voltage at 14+ while running so stator is no issue. Bike still continuous to die and FI light flashes. I know there’s supposed to be a connector under the seat that will throw a code if you connect it with wire. Can’t seem to find this connector. Please help me out fellas I’m a young guy and definitely need some guidance with finding this connector or diagnosing the issue. Thanks fellas!

A5C84B6A-03AC-4F53-BA97-44DE56A4E64A.jpeg

6C647E90-B89D-4D6F-B01F-FBE736E942A8.jpeg

Hi, Sorry about the problem your having. The plug should be on the left side where you have taken the photo. Its a white plug with a black rubber cap on it.
If someone over the years has taken the rear end apart, the plug may be tucked away. Are you able to remove the rear plastics from the bike to have a good look around ?

@scottyhendrix

reading the number at the ecm stamp i would say it is a 2000 built (sold 1st in 2001)
so my 1st question is - where is the fuel pump? inside tank or flanged RH at the throttle bodies?

for all other questions download (if not done yet) the manual and all extensions here and lots of questions will be answered,
such as. where the white plug (you´re looking for) is normally housed .

and visit also my homepage with some hints aside / additionally to the manual - could be helpfull . ;)

@scottyhendrix

reading the number at the ecm stamp i would say it is a 2000 built (sold 1st in 2001)
so my 1st question is - where is the fuel pump? inside tank or flanged RH at the throttle bodies?

for all other questions download (if not done yet) the manual and all extensions here and lots of questions will be answered,
such as. where the white plug (you´re looking for) is normally housed .

and visit also my homepage with some hints aside / additionally to the manual - could be helpfull . ;)
I believe the fuel pump is inside the tank

Hi, Sorry about the problem your having. The plug should be on the left side where you have taken the photo. Its a white plug with a black rubber cap on it.
If someone over the years has taken the rear end apart, the plug may be tucked away. Are you able to remove the rear plastics from the bike to have a good look around ?
I’m have trouble getting those hex head pylon pins out other then that yes

I believe the fuel pump is inside the tank

when you liftet the tank (you know! how that works?) and see this kind of view
Benzinltg. neu.jpg

you have an external pump
that you will find only at ´99s , ´00 s

´01´s and later have a hump at the underside of tank what tells you that this then is an internal pump.

sorry if I express it so harshly, but how damn little clue can one have if one still want to repair a vehicle himself?
did you download the manual?
yes? then check it out first ;)

I’m have trouble getting those hex head pylon pins out other then that yes

what "pylon pins" do you mean?
those two, black plastic, click-pins who fasten the small plastic in the middle under the seat?

but those have no hex anywhere - so what the heck do you mean ?

read the damn manual.

and if that doesn´t help post a foto of your place of issue.

Back