2001 Hayabusa Stall

kaminskitj

Registered
I have a 2001 Hayabusa and when the bike is hot it will sometimes stall. If I'm sitting at a light for awhile after the bike is warm then go to take off soon as I hit the throttle the bike will stall. It only does it once in a while, but I know that it is not right. Don't want problem to get worse. Any Ideas of what to check??? Also, if the bike is hot if I'm in Neutral and rev the bike it also stalls at times???

where is your idle speed set to? when it stalls it fires right back up, and then works fine? runs great through the rest of the rpm range?

any mods?

Last edited:
My guess is idle setting...

When I bought the bike the idle was real low and then i found a line under the tank disconnected reconnected it and then it was running great. i set the idle to 1200 rpm's then a week later the idle was back to 1000 rpm's. I put some chevron techron fuel system cleaner in it and the rpm's went back up to 1250 and it has stayed there ever since. however, the bike still stalls when its hot? it will also occasionally stall if i stop for gas or somewhere else then restart the bike and go to take off it stalls intermittently too, after the restart the rpm's is good all the way through the power band???

Last edited:
Sounds like it could possibly be a that its getting vapor locked and the vent for the tank is clogged. When I first bought my bike the previous owner had the stock computer reflashed for the combination that used to be in the bike. Then when sold with the stock setup it wasn't right. Didn't do exactly what your explaining but if it has a power commander or a re-flashed computer this could be possible.

no the fuel pump is not gettting hot. i´m lost because the bike runs perfect except at times it stalls?? if anyone else sees this and can think of something please let me know. thanks.

Did you bump the throttle back up and loctite the throttle cable? You said the RPMs dropped after you adjusted it.

Back