Having a Bad Day?

I was in Kansas one time and it was tornado day. Nearest one to me was about four miles. But we could see it from where we were. Terrifing sight. Far more than the hurricane I saw in Florida. The noise was incredible. When the earth gets angry. You are wise to pay attention

[QfUOTE="08BusaKY, post: 3287765, member: 21732"]
Wow! I can't imagine being home while that happened! Also dealing with the aftermath of fixing it...
There ain't no fixin' that one lol
Demolition fixed it !
[/QUOTE]
The force of nature can be humbling real eye opener how insignificant we really are. Great pictures.

I was in Kansas one time and it was tornado day. Nearest one to me was about four miles. But we could see it from where we were. Terrifing sight. Far more than the hurricane I saw in Florida. The noise was incredible. When the earth gets angry. You are wise to pay attention
Funny how there are no tornados on the east coast if you pay attention. The news casters give reports of a strong wind only. Remember talking about a strong wind that blew out store front windows did this & that and I had missed half of broadcast, was like what the hell kind of wind is this? Then I figured it out after awhile.

Had a decent size one of those move through here 7 years ago, 4 blocks from my house. Erased buildings as if they'd never been there. And yes, the noise. It's deep and disturbing....

Here's another few shots in hi-resolution from the Kaikoura quake . . . that railway line got picked up and flicked to the side, amazing the amount of energy generated to move things around with such ease!
I have loads of pics but will just show a few, unless you want more.
View attachment 1598998

View attachment 1598999

View attachment 1599000

View attachment 1599001
Amazing! Earthquakes were a regular thing back home and I remember my father being terrified of them. I was watching TV late one night on our 4th floor apartment when one hit and the TV came crashing down on me. I jumped out of the way and could hear my mom screaming on the other side of the apartment, so I ran across the hallway jumping over tipped over furniture and broken glass, in the dark, just to find that she was screaming because they couldn’t open their bedroom door to get out to my siblings and I.......... I tried to help them and that’s when I realized they had panicked so bad that they forgot their door opened to the inside and they were trying to push it open, instead of just pulling towards them. My dad tried to cope with things, but a couple of replicas in the following days made him quickly list the apartment for sale and we moved into a one story home. Now that I’m more familiar with the term PTSD, I believe that’s exactly what he suffered from after the terrifying experience. I was never too afraid of them myself and mom used to get mad at me for wanting to to go to sleep and not evacuate the building, but I remember neighbors dragging their mattresses out and spending the night out on the sidewalk.

Back