And you thought your day started out bad?

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
My neighbor just left.. (he loves looking at the pics in the gallery here)

He has been home the last couple weekends (odd this time of year as he has a lake house).. Well here is the gig..

He went up to launch the boat for the season and while on the ramp, the fire chief caught him on the ramp and told him, " I think I would wait to do that, your house burned down last night"..

He thought he was kidding (friends and all).. and before much could be said, his son called, "Dad, I got some bad news"

Well the pics tell the story.. Pokegon State Park IN.. his house was third from left.. The wind was blowing Left to right and the house that caught fire took out one house to the left and all the rest to the right..

Sad sad sad... no one was hurt but all the homes as you can see are total losses..

fire1.jpg

fire2.jpg

fire3.jpg

Wow that sucks sweet homes 2 right on the lake.
Hope he has insurance + they take care of him.

Were is Pokegon State Park ???? norther In ? What city near ??

wow the really sucks. I hope everything works for him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow that sucks sweet homes 2 right on the lake.
Hope he has insurance + they take care of him.

Were is Pokegon State Park ???? norther In ? What city near ??
One insurance company had policy on 3 of the 5 homes.. None of the 3 homes were the source of the fire, so yea, big insurance problems.. Pokegon State park is about 40 miles north of Fort Wayne and is all wooded state park area.. mostly lake homes and tourist sites.. This is "Lake James" proper..

Well now he will get tom make the changes to his house he always wanted to. Also, cost of building is much lower now so he should get more for his $$.

Well now he will get tom make the changes to his house he always wanted to. Also, cost of building is much lower now so he should get more for his $$.
they just finished the inside of the home... I must say he is taking it in stride all the same.. This time however, he is not doing it himself..

Yeah, that really sucks. sounds like he has a good attitude about the whole thing though. After all, getting mad isnt gonna unburn his house down, so whats the point? hopefully he gets a good settlement and im glad nobody was hurt.

how are the costs of building down? materials are up. just the value of homes are down. people want to insure their house for less because its value has dropped but don't understand it still cost the same or more to fix or rebuild. hope everything works out for him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back