Haven't ridden in 2 yrs 'cause of this....help!!!!!

my buddies ecu did that..turned out it had a cold solder joint..replaced the ecu and no probs in 2 years

is there a way to check that? I"d really hate to buy a ecu & have the same issue.there going for around $300 used on ebay......moneys not a problem its a $300 guess that keeps me up at night

i see that you are from cali... not sure about the town though!:rofl:

2 years is a long time. i would have to say that this is a non time sensitive issue for you.

i live in garden grove, and could go through some tests with/ for you if you are local. my only issue is time. it seems as if the days/ weeks just arent long enough!

I will take any help you have to offer....thanks & im in rancho cucamonga:lol: thanks

it decides...sometimes yes starts right up & sometimes no itll just crank.last night it started up & idle fine reved up no issues.

Well if it cranks or starts, I guess you could rule out:
Heat related problems with the regulator
Clutch and side-stand microswitches
Kill switch contact problems

Since the busa's CDI comes out so easily, I think you may have to find someone with a Gen I and just swap CDIs for a few days. If you were in Texas I'd help in a heartbeat.

Well if it cranks or starts, I guess you could rule out:
Heat related problems with the regulator
Clutch and side-stand microswitches
Kill switch contact problems

Since the busa's CDI comes out so easily, I think you may have to find someone with a Gen I and just swap CDIs for a few days. If you were in Texas I'd help in a heartbeat.

thank you very much.....i dont know any gen1 busa owners in my area.i just got off phone with a buddy that works at a dealer.he said he'll do the diag & if its a ecu suzuki will cover it up til 5yrs under warranty.its worth a shot for $80.im gonna tow it down saturday

if its ecu its all free if not its $80....last time they found nothing wrong hopefully this is better

You would probably do well trying to work out how to predictably make it fail so you can replicate that for them.

nah I'll leave it there & he can deal with it.he said may take a day or a month to figure out.im ok with that as long its diagnosed correctly.....in the mean time i got my jeep & zx12 to keep me entertained:thumbsup:i will post the outcome though

hey big ed,

good deal on leaving it at the shop. i will be curious as to the outcome.

you also have a zx12? very cool. i have been a suzuki enthusiast ever since i rode my first gsxr11. however, kawi's are my next fav. i have had several triples, and had the pleasure of riding a pretty sweet kz9 oh many years ago.

hey big ed,

good deal on leaving it at the shop. i will be curious as to the outcome.

you also have a zx12? very cool. i have been a suzuki enthusiast ever since i rode my first gsxr11. however, kawi's are my next fav. i have had several triples, and had the pleasure of riding a pretty sweet kz9 oh many years ago.

one of my best friends has a kz9 its a fun old scoot.the dealer called it was a bad conection in the front nose leftside some relay.they wiggle it & busa would die.they fixed it & charge $160 but i gotta put it back together.....no biggie though im glad im on the road again.

Back