PCIII USB FI Light 06 busa

That1WhiteGuy

Registered
ok so im finally tired of messing with it and decided to ask the gods of hayabusa.org!

i have a 2006 hayabusa full yosh exhaust i put a pciii usb on it and when i throttle hard ONLY in first gear it feels like some one hit the kill switch and the FI light flashes and display reads FI i did the "ghetto dealer mode" and got the codes C32 C33 C34 and C35 which is injector signal # 1 2 3 & 4. once the PC was taken off i still got the feels like someone hits the kill switch at hard throttle problem in first gear but not as bad and the FI light DID NOT come on. the PC has been sent back to dynojet and BTW the PC had brand new firmware as it was just purchased directly from dynojet last week. ive tried the firmware update already didnt work. also had dynojet send me a "duty fix" download and loaded it to the PC and still the FI problem. so please wonderful ppl of org help a lurker out:bowdown:!

has this testing been done with a zeroed out map?
If so remove the pc box and start checking the injectors and harness...

has this testing been done with a zeroed out map?
If so remove the pc box and start checking the injectors and harness...
Yes tried a zero map. No luck. Took the pc off and it still has the problem but no FI light flashing and it doesn't take as long to come back on. The pc is already on its way back to dynojet and they said it "was a common problem with those bikes" and that's what the "duty fix" download they emailed me was supposed to fix but it didn't.
Posted via Mobile Device

when did you put the exhaust and pc on it? Did you do them both at the same time? When did this problem start? Those codes are for no injector current. Check your connections, check for an open circuit or shorts. It could also be injector or ECM malfunctions.

Exhaust has been on for about 3k miles was put on around 6k pc came at 9k problem started when the pc went on. With the pc off still does it but NO CODES OR FI LIGHT just cuts out hard. I've disconnected the battery for a couple hours to basically see if it would reset anything but nothing has worked. Still waiting on the new pc to get back from dynojet. I'm thinking maybe the pc in some weird or dumb way shorted or did something of the sort to my ecm. Has this ever happened before?
Posted via Mobile Device

i have the same issue & havent been on the busa for a year & a half......no help whats so ever

I'm having the same issue with the FI light and codes exactly.... but I have NO cutting out of the engine at all....just got the injectors cleaned by RC engineering in CA... bike pulls like a monster all the way to wide open throttle.... will not give me the FI light unless I run the bike wide open really hard to redline... then it will come on---but I feel nothing in loss of power or pulling... How did you get Power Commander to send you a fix to load into the PCIII????

Man, you are asking the guy who posted this in August of last year.

Anyway, let's get to your problem. The codes mean that the injector circuit is open (which I think is very likely) or that ECU or PC are faulty (which I think is unlikely since everything else is OK). Since you got all 4 codes at the same time, it's like someone pulled out the cannon plug under the tank for a moment. Since no one actually opens the connector and since all 4 codes occur at the same time, I would suspect a poor connection of the ground wire somewhere.

When the connection is poor, a certain engine rpm resonates with the connector and disrupts the circuit for a moment - short enough that you don't notice the loss of power, but long enough for the ECU to notice. It's just a matter of time until it gets worse, and you will start noticing engine cutting off for a moment.

You have a 5-year old bike, and if it is subjected to humidity/heat/cold regularly, this would promote degradation of connectors.

Can you confirm that the problem occurs at a certain rpm regardless of what gear you are in? Try to get to this rpm by increasing rpm gradually (not accelerating as fast as you can, but rather gradually until red line).

If that turns out to be the case, I would strongly suspect a poor connection in one of the circuits. This also means that other circuits develop poor connections as well.

The solution is simple - spend a couple of hours, and clean all connectors - you will never have this problem again. Let me know if you need details on how to properly clean connectors.

Lets us know you findings - don't just disappear.

Cheers,

ok so im finally tired of messing with it and decided to ask the gods of hayabusa.org!

i have a 2006 hayabusa full yosh exhaust i put a pciii usb on it and when i throttle hard ONLY in first gear it feels like some one hit the kill switch and the FI light flashes and display reads FI i did the "ghetto dealer mode" and got the codes C32 C33 C34 and C35 which is injector signal # 1 2 3 & 4. once the PC was taken off i still got the feels like someone hits the kill switch at hard throttle problem in first gear but not as bad and the FI light DID NOT come on. the PC has been sent back to dynojet and BTW the PC had brand new firmware as it was just purchased directly from dynojet last week. ive tried the firmware update already didnt work. also had dynojet send me a "duty fix" download and loaded it to the PC and still the FI problem. so please wonderful ppl of org help a lurker out:bowdown:!

Man this sucks I am having the same porblem too, but I took it to the shop at first and they told me nothing was wrong because the f1 light wasn't on at the time when they put the diagnostic machine on it. Now I was on the freeway just last week and the light came on again but now it stays on looks like I am taking it back to the shop again to find out what codes I got. This is rough!!!

Back