Hated to read the news today

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Last summer, it was almost daily that I read articles about motorcycle deaths very near where I live. It's the #1 reason (I think) that Mike sold his Harley a few weeks back. Most of these accidents occur near where he works; he had no desire to ride to work on a Harley anymore
sad.gif

R.I.P. to 2 young riders
sad.gif
Stay safe everyone, and ALWAYS watch out for those that just don't see you. I was telling my coworkers yesterday that I ride assuming every driver in a car will try to kill me...

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

sad.gif

sad.gif
I always hate to hear that kind of news. RIP to both; thoughts out to their families...

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
I was telling my coworkers yesterday that I ride assuming every driver in a car will try to kill me...[/quote]

I'm the same way, Vabs; always looking for my exit in case someone in a cage is gunning for me.

So sad to hear.

Riders always seem to get the bad rap, but as I was told in my riding course, nearly 80% of wrecks invoving a motorcycle are caused by a car.

Everyone be careful and keep your eyes open.

RIP, More bikes on the road with the gas prices the way they are is going to effect the accident rate. Motorcycle sales are at an all time high.

Somebody needs to start a BIG push with the State LEO's to start enforcing more wreckless driving laws on the roads these days due to the vastly larger amounts of riders, and many are NEW riders at that...
I actually had a State Trooper pull someone over that almost veered into my lane and hit me 2 weeks ago, the trooper motioned me over and when I stopped he asked if I wanted to lodge an additional complaint, when I told him "no I'm unfortunately used to it" he stated "well I'm not, and that lady is about to learn that" I thanked him for looking out for me and he told me to be safe on the road, props to that MD State Trooper
thumb_up.gif
wish more of them were like that...
RIP
RIP

Somebody needs to start a BIG push with the State LEO's to start enforcing more wreckless driving laws on the roads these days due to the vastly larger amounts of riders, and many are NEW riders at that...
I actually had a State Trooper pull someone over that almost veered into my lane and hit me 2 weeks ago, the trooper motioned me over and when I stopped he asked if I wanted to lodge an additional complaint, when I told him "no I'm unfortunately used to it" he stated "well I'm not, and that lady is about to learn that" I thanked him for looking out for me and he told me to be safe on the road, props to that MD State Trooper
thumb_up.gif
RIP
RIP
That is great to hear! I've had so many things almost happen to me while riding and wish a cop would pull 'em over and tell 'em to watch out more...
thumb_up.gif

I heard from a coworker yesterday that the Gov. of VA has started a campaign to raise awareness for the increase in motorcycles hitting the roads due to fuel costs. I have yet to find any info on it, but I hope it's true
ThumbsUp.gif

thumb_up.gif

They're running ads on the local T.V.'s to tell people to watch for motorcyclists. Lots of newbie bikers out there now, too, who are trying to beat gas prices. Lots of little scooters, too. You can watch them ride and see that they have very little skill. Gotta feel for them at some level.

And btw, the cagers ARE trying to kill you.

--Wag--

A motorcyclist died yesterday in Kansas City, Ks. Our electronic infomation bill boards have posted on them watch for motorcycles they are everywhere. I'm in K.C.Mo.
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif
RIP
RIP
Funny that you mention it being a Maryland State Trooper. Evidently he never pulled over the idiots behind me on I-70 in Indiana today on their Harleys with MD plates. I am traveling at close to 80 (had cruise on) and the guy is so close to my bumper that I cannot see his headlight in my rearview mirror. After I get past the line of semi's that I was passing I signaled and got out of his way. He goes past me and I pull in behind him about 20 yards back and the a-hole slows down. Nobody in front of him and now I am coming up on his butt like a freight train. I keep my distance because I just don't feel right riding a motorcycle's tail. The idiot is traveling on a Heritage and what appears to be his wife is traveling on a Fat Boy with a vanity plate that said "FATGAL" and was most appropriate. Thank goodness it started pouring and they pulled off or I would still be behind them! Not all of the idiots out there are in cars folks.

RIP to those fallen riders...

it`s getting bad in southern maryland. every other week i look at thebaynet.com or somd.com i see another bike accident, they just had that one on stinnet rd and another on st. johns road a few weeks ago and that guy and girl on the new busa on tiki bar opening weekend that hit a tree in drum point. the leo`s are everywhere watching everytime you pass them!!rip and prayers to the fallin riders...hopefully we won`t have anymore this summer...

Back