Another One

BusaBret

Almost......
Donating Member
Registered
This is from NW Alabama about 20 miles from me.

R.I.P.
bilde.jpg

A Colbert County man was killed Tuesday when the motorcycle he was riding slammed into the back of a pickup truck on U.S. 72, authorities said.

Phillip Barry Manley, of 1535 Red Rock Road, Tuscumbia, was 58.

State troopers said the crash site was three miles west of Tuscumbia, between the Locust Shore community and Pride Landing, and occurred just before 2 p.m.

Colbert County Coroner Carlton Utley pronounced Manley dead at the scene about 30 minutes later.

Utley said Manley died from multiple blunt force trauma to the head.

The driver of the pickup, Harley Kent, was not seriously injured, troopers said.

Both vehicles were eastbound on U.S. 72, based on witness accounts.

Troopers said it appears Manley, who was driving a 2004 Yamaha Road Star motorcycle, ran into the back of the 1994 Chevrolet 1500 pickup as Kent was turning into a driveway.

Emergency crews at the scene said the impact was so severe that it broke the rear housing on a riding lawn mower that was in the bed of Kent's pickup. The truck was heavily damaged.

The collision also broke the motorcycle's front fork.

No helmet I presume..."blunt force trauma" and no mention of wearing a helmet.

RIP

Not that it really matters to us but....that ain't no sport bike, we ain't the only ones.

R.I.P.
With that kind of damage done to the bike and truck, he was dead with or with out a helmet. The guy cracked the tractor inside the bed of the truck. More than likely he snaped his neck like Dale Earnhardt did.

Doubt it would have made a difference, he obviously wasn't paying attention, but I'd say more than half of the truck's tail lights are covered with those puke green tail light covers (see pic).

I hate vechicals with there rear tail lights covered like the truck has. That should be illegal. I bet the guy never saw the turning signal turn on and the the guy stopped abruptly.
argue.gif

Back