Has anyone tried this?

When I run the track I only have a gallon of gas in the tank...and my front end is strapped you can only see about 1" of my forks. I light it up in the box and drop the clutch at 8000 rpms and off we go....never had my front end come up that made me out of control....
cool.gif

No ofense meant Creekboy, but dropping the clutch at 8grand is either gonna cause the bike to spin like shid, or shoot to the moon (literally). How do you keep the bike from going crazy?

You can't even tell it's on when when turning. I've tried to make it shake at wot and it hasn't done anything...yet.
I made it for the track incase the front wants to come up too high in the 60'

It looks like your bike is lifting weights. Learning to work your clutch with a full throttle will work better than all of that unstable weight, as mentioned above...if it starts to tank slap, you will have to bail off or it will throw you off. Advise: loose the weights, learn the throttle/clutch!

What's the clutch mod? I'm thinking with me being 300 lbs. would I have an issue of wheeling off the launch? Also what RPM should I launch at? What gear are most in when they are finishing the quarter? What is the safest way to brake after the run? These are just questions for I plan to go to a local 1/4 strip soon just to see what my bike does stock.

What's the clutch mod?  I'm thinking with me being 300 lbs. would I have an issue of wheeling off the launch?  Also what RPM should I launch at?  What gear are most in when they are finishing the quarter?  What is the safest way to brake after the run?  These are just questions for I plan to go to a local 1/4 strip soon just to see what my bike does stock.
Here's what I got

I did the Brock Davidson clutch mod and slave support. I am running a 16 in the front and a 43 in the rear. I am at the end of 3rd gear going through the traps.
I leave the line at an estimated 6000 - 6500 rpms, full throttle and feather out the clutch. It has never came up with me even if I dump the clutch. The only thing I fight is tire spin sometimes.
My bets run in Maryland was a 9.60 on motor @ 142 mph.

What's the clutch mod?  I'm thinking with me being 300 lbs. would I have an issue of wheeling off the launch?  Also what RPM should I launch at?  What gear are most in when they are finishing the quarter?  What is the safest way to brake after the run?  These are just questions for I plan to go to a local 1/4 strip soon just to see what my bike does stock.
Here's what I got
Where do you and Cobra race at? Me, Dogman and Ludicrous Speed should meet up with you guys for a race day sometime soon, either our track or yours.......

Back