harbor freight

pbghost

Registered
went to visit my dad in Abilene for spring break, seen the flyer for harbor frieght and noticed that they had the tire changers on sale. the main part is reduced from $69 to $39 and the motorcycle adapter is reduced from $49 to $39. my dad had a coupon for 15% off 1 item, so all in all I was able to get both parts for $80 out the door. so, those out there wanting the tire changer set and one is close by, might want to check them out. the way I look at it, by the second tire change, I'm saving / making $$
ThumbsUp.gif

post a pic of your changer... i have a harbour freight like 2 mins from me,

I'm @ work now and it's still in the box (I got home late last night) it's listed as a portable tire changer, I think it's on the next to the last page in thier current flyer.it's a simple manual tire changer... also, I think there's a picture of it somewhere here on the board. you need both parts, the base changer and the m/c adapter

With 3 bikes it would save me if i got one of those. HF has some pretty good stuff but you have to watch as you all know some of it is cheap but for the price hey what do you expect.

I love HF for their deals on limited use tools, but paying only $5-15 per tire at the shops is cheap enough for me not to have to deal with it.

I picked up a Mojolever

Then he also makes Mojoblocks that will upgrade the metal rim clamps to plastic.

I printed out the lower website price from HF and the local store honored the sites price.

Guys,
Here is my .02 for what it is worth. The HF changer is good for the Bead Breaker, but it is actually easier to remove and the rinstall the tire on the ground...

Guys,
Here is my .02 for what it is worth.  The HF changer is good for the Bead Breaker, but it is actually easier to remove and the rinstall the tire on the ground...
thanks MC, when I do get around to changing one (which will be my front) it will be my first time, so more than likely it all will be on the ground!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I know I'll be on here hollerin' for help and tips when the time comes, things usually don't want to be my friend and fight me all the way... at least till I read the instructions
ThumbsUp.gif

laugh.gif

Hey all, I've got the HF moto tire changer and I dipped all the rim clamps with their liquid rubber dip stuff to not scratch the rims. You wont like their tire iron because it is really thick.. Buy the !00 buck tire iron from nomar at http://www.nomartirechanger.com/06DemountBar.html This has delrin tips and won't scratch your rims. Check out their videos. Very informative. Top notch company too. They stand behind their products. If you've got 800-900 bucks, get the whole package. I got their wheel balancer too. I've changed at least 12 tires this summer without any scratches.

Back