Happy Juneteenth!

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
It’s about damn time too! Making this day a National holiday is a step, a step in the right direction, a step forward. I’ve been watching some good tv on the subject. The History channel’s Tuskegee Airman documentary was excellent! Some of those men served in WW2, Korea (and) Vietnam.

It’s about damn time too! Making this day a National holiday is a step, a step in the right direction, a step forward. I’ve been watching some good tv on the subject. The History channel’s Tuskegee Airman documentary was excellent! Some of those men served in WW2, Korea (and) Vietnam.
I watched that too...

Sad to think these brave men went off to war and fought for a country who had zero respect for them when they came home....

Makes my blood boil when I think of the instances where some of these men were hung in their uniforms by cowards....

We have a place here where the German prisoners of war were allowed to go to and eat and see a movie and the Black soldiers were not allowed in. I knew several Tusgeegee airmen personally. They were amazing people - the best of the best. One of my uncles had a big hole in his back and no legs from a Korean war wound. He lived because he basically froze. Another Uncle won a silver star in Vietnam. Now, these Trumpsters want to return America to Jim Crow and pretend we've done in this country is accept welfare. That boils my blood.

We have a place here where the German prisoners of war were allowed to go to and eat and see a movie and the Black soldiers were not allowed in. I knew several Tusgeegee airmen personally. They were amazing people - the best of the best. One of my uncles had a big hole in his back and no legs from a Korean war wound. He lived because he basically froze. Another Uncle won a silver star in Vietnam. Now, these Trumpsters want to return America to Jim Crow and pretend we've done in this country is accept welfare. That boils my blood.
Definitely not right....

I watched a movie or TV show (I can't remember) where a colored guy in uniform and a white guy went into a diner where there were German POWs eating under guard and the colored guy was kicked out.....and then people wonder why there was and still is racial tension in the US. Not a whole lot has changed in all these years...people of various colors and ethnic backgrounds are more tolerant of each other but I wonder how receptive they really are sometimes.

I just read on MSN news where a senator was complaining about making Juneteenth a holiday quipping "should we be making a national holiday for the Native American Indian." That's a no brainer-of course there should be a day for indigenous peoples as well.

Back