Had A Blast Today!!!

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
FZ1 John...An old riding bud from JAX called me up late last night to let me know he was in town visiting relatives and he and one of his local buds (Superhawk Jim) were heading out to sebrings Point 6 psuedo track...and did I wanna come along....

So....10:00am this morning we met up and hit the road...1/2 way to sebring we stopped in Okeechobee for breakfast...

SEBRING1.jpg

I think John was pouting cause I hadn't offered to let him ride my Busa...LOL!!!....yet..

SEBRING2.jpg

but in short order we all switched bikes all day long...and we all rode each others bikes at one point or another...here's John on Jims Superhawk....(what a fun twin that was to ride)

SEBRING3.jpg

some of the esses at .6....

SEBRING4.jpg

Jim & John boxing it out...

SEBRING5.jpg

John gett'in serious...

SEBRING6.jpg

and finally me and my busa....

SEBRING7.jpg

sweet eh?..

SEBRING8.jpg

annnnnd....today?...I set a new personal best shattering my old record...check it out!!! LOL!!!

SEBRING9.jpg

Had a great day...hope some of you can make it next time and...

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

If I wasn't up north at the parents, I would have been there. Looks like a good time.

Cool pics, thanks for sharing and proving that a Busa can down in the twisties, if set up properly.....

how far are you from miami, i am almost done with my bike, maybe we could ride together.:D
Hey sami, I'm about 80-100 miles north of you in Port Saint Lucie...a straight shot up the turnpike or I-95 and...if you like?...you can run up this way and spend sat. or fri. night and we'll ride all next weekend..if you like.
biggrin.gif

Check it out guys...here's a little background and my personal review of all three bikes....

Rider Background: John is in his 40's and Jim is in his 50's...both are extremely experienced, above average riders with gobs of skill and many track days logged under both of their belts.

"Impressions of Riding Jims Superhawk": To be honest?..I've not ridden very many V-twin sportbikes in my lifetime but here's what I found....

It pulled well from everywhere even if you were a gear tall or a gear small entering and exiting corners...very forgiving to ride and enjoy however..In short order I discovered I needed to drastically alter/modify my engine braking applications...as the first few times I downshifted a little too soon coming into corner entrances?...the massive "engine braking affect" of that V-Twin would easily and readily cause the rear wheel to break loose on me...so in short order I realized I'd be better off relying more on the front brakes rather than utilizing it's massive amounts of V-Twin engine braking. Other than that?...

We all seemingly concluded that while it may be hurting a tad in the high speed straights?.... The Superhawks flickability made any mid-corner corrections very easy to execute (bolstering rider confidence) and that combined with the forgiveness of that V-Twin's broadband torque caused the fun factor of railing Jims Superhawk through this tiny psuedo track of ours to skyrocket past that of the Busa and slightly past that of the FZ1...but only on this small, low speed techno track...it found it's place in all our hearts.
biggrin.gif

"Impressions of Riding John's FZ1":

The FZ1 is basically a do-it-all econo R1 with a steel tube frame and the R1's mill and a more conventional and far more comfy riding position complete with handlbars and a 1/4 fairing.

I personally owned an FZ1 (black just like Johns here) for 4 years and just months ago I myself installed some traxxion springs in Johns FZ1 Forks and John did the final tweaking/adjustment to suit him and...he did very well...as his FZ1's suspension was spot-on and...almost as fun to ride on this psuedo track as Jims Superhawk with the only differences being?...the FZ1's inline 4 obviously lacked the forfiving down low grunt the superhawk displayed but then more than made up for it provided the tach was kepts above the 4K mark...and then it screamed through the rev counter with adrenal gland stimulating acceleration...almost busa like from 4K on up and from 0-100...as always...a very cool ride with vast amounts of "swiss army knife like" tour, sport, or whatever you wanna do with it...versitilty.
biggrin.gif

"Riding The Busa": Was kind of like marrying the wide band torque of Jims Superhawk and the high Rev exhileration of Johns FZ1 and...then some.
biggrin.gif

While seemingly just as nimble as the FZ1 or the Superhawk?...(thanks to my suspension set-up and brake mods)...it's behemoth mass and weight cuts into the confidence levels a tad as once entering a corner you pretty much know "You're Commited" and...that "Anything Other Than MINOR Mid Corner Corrections" (without getting into serious trouble) are almost out of the question..but once you realize that and the importance of setting up your turns/lines/entrance speeds correctly?...it's off to the races with the best of'em and the Busa suddenly becomes surprisingly agile as you "SLOWLY" learn it's limitations...the only one being...making damn certain you set-up for your corner entrances correctly..and it's 99FTLBS of Torque and 160RWHP is the stuff legends are made of so...no need for me to elaborate there.

And...That's about it...except for this...check out the 2nd reply on this thread in this forum...it's John's impression of riding my busa..the first busa he's ever ridden...

http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45514

and...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

watch those toes Bill
cool.gif

Might getcha to help me setup my suspension when we are at deals gap this spring if you dont mind
smile.gif

watch those toes Bill
cool.gif

Might getcha to help me setup my suspension when we are at deals gap this spring if you dont mind
smile.gif
Not a problem Brian and...talk'in 'bout "toes"?....here's some more pix Superhawk Jim just emailed me from his camera....

Backside...me on my Busa...

SEBRING10.jpg

Me on Jims Superhawk...

SEBRING11.jpg

me and more me.....LOL!!!

SEBRING12.jpg

SEBRING13.jpg

Hope ya'll enjoyed and...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

cool.gif

watch those toes Bill
cool.gif

smile.gif
Hmmm suspension set=up by Jinx at bash. Oh that would be nice ;-). Can we start taking numbers now
bowdown.gif

Nice pics and write up looks like fun. Wish we had some turns around here.

watch those toes Bill
cool.gif

smile.gif
Hmmm suspension set=up by Jinx at bash. Oh that would be nice ;-). Can we start taking numbers now
bowdown.gif

Nice pics and write up  looks like fun. Wish we had some turns around here.
Oh c'mon now....I ain't "all that" man! LOL!!!

just a passionate rider who knows how to operate a ratchet, screwdriver and a few other assorted hand tools. LOL!!!

oh and...no numbers needed...just get in line...heck...maybe I'll just do a "How To Training Seminar"...imagine..30 busa's all getting their suspensions tuned and properly adjusted by their actual owners...all at the same time.
biggrin.gif

I'll tell ya'll what to bring. LOL!!!

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

cool.gif

watch those toes Bill
cool.gif

smile.gif
bowdown.gif

Nice pics and write up  looks like fun. Wish we had some turns around here.
Oh c'mon now....I ain't "all that" man! LOL!!!

just a passionate rider who knows how to operate a ratchet, screwdriver and a few other assorted hand tools. LOL!!!

oh and...no numbers needed...just get in line...heck...maybe I'll just do a "How To Training Seminar"...imagine..30 busa's all getting their suspensions tuned and properly adjusted by their actual owners...all at the same time.
biggrin.gif

I'll tell ya'll what to bring. LOL!!!

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Hell I am game!!! Would this happen before or after the party around the camp fire. Bikes might end up kinda strange wait too long into the night..

"hmm now where did I put that tire at last night"

cool.gif

Back