H.I.D.'s without the worry of clock reset

Back from the dead....

Card16969 .... Do you have a recommended fuse size for the inline? Phillips said he measures 6.6 amps or so... 15amp? Thanks in advance!

I Had my headlight go out last night while riding and now I have the perfect excuse/opportunity to upgrade to HID high and low beam using this setup. I too am a firm believer in relays/dedicated power for HID kits, especially when you buy a cheap chinese kit, you might not be getting EXACTLY what they say :lol:

I actually had a kit (prior to Relay install) completely shut off my 2001 F350 diesel truck while on the highway doing 55mph 3 times when switching on the Low beam HIDs I had installed :shocked::shocked::shocked:

I just installed LED bulbs in my Gen 1 and they are blindingly bright, no ballast and 2.5 amp draw. I'm very happy with them. I had to do a simple mod to hold the low beam bulb with its fan but overall, this was a one hour job.

2015 New 60W 7600LM Set Cree LED Headlight 30W Bulbs H11 H8 H7 H4 9003 9005 9006 )

20150724_093554.jpg

Now, I don't really know much about electrical but I had always wanted to upgrade from my old halogen bulbs. These Cree LED bulbs seemed like a great solution and I installed them this morning. Do any of you foresee any negative issues I might have in the future with these?

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw those and was strongly considering them, however I didnt want to buy a set of H7s and a set of 9005s. Did you just get a set of one of them and thats why you modded the housing?

I agree LED tech is growing exponentially, hell my fenix flashlight i single LED and goes up to 960lumens! Crazy bright. I was just lazy I guess and bought a kit for HID kit for $40 that had one H7 and one 9005. Maybe ill give the LEDs a go if these go out... or on my next bike :smileok:

I saw those and was strongly considering them, however I didnt want to buy a set of H7s and a set of 9005s. Did you just get a set of one of them and thats why you modded the housing?

I agree LED tech is growing exponentially, hell my fenix flashlight i single LED and goes up to 960lumens! Crazy bright. I was just lazy I guess and bought a kit for HID kit for $40 that had one H7 and one 9005. Maybe ill give the LEDs a go if these go out... or on my next bike :smileok:

I sent the Ebay seller a message to send me a mixed pair, one H7 and one 9005 :)

Tested new LEDs out on the road last night and I am pretty sure I was blinding the hell out of every oncoming car judging by all the brights flashing at me. :laugh:

Switched the wiring to run high beam reflector as main. This took about 5 seconds to do because the tiny control boxes are totally interchangeable on these bulbs. Unplug from 9005, plug into H7 and vice versa.

Back